Alloy Wheel Refurb?

gazvtr

RMS Regular
Drives
S-Line
BELFAST ALLOY WHEEL REPAIRS just got quoted £45 a rim happydays thats beedblasting an ichin primed aswell with a white high gloss finish white

bigboybora

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Cabrio 1.8T S
£100 for the two is still along way from nu-luks £55+vat for a 'basic' respray ^o)[/QUOTE]
this is true, at nu luk i paid for 4 17" oz wheels to be done and cost me £300 although they were all fooked. did a great job though.

p 5ary

RMS Regular
bigboyclio said:
£100 for the two is still along way from nu-luks £55+vat for a 'basic' respray ^o)
this is true, at nu luk i paid for 4 17" oz wheels to be done and cost me £300 although they were all fooked. did a great job though.[/QUOTE]

yes nuluk did mine and what a gud job they did.(y) .
rewelded parts and sorted out the previous owners pathetic wheel refuber's attempt.

chrissy

Drives
mini rally car
hi there im mates with a guy that owns a company called shiny wheels very good at it heres his number 07789346833

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
wheres he?
i got mine done by a place in tandregee called a27 engieers but i cant find there number anywhere. and i need my rims done cheap!

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
AWRC have now split up, one of the fellas is still there and one is now half of Belfast AWRC. I've heard that the guy left at AWRC isnt interested in split rims or any hassle wheels like BBS, he prefers jobs for hursts etc where he can just lash the paint on and be done with it. Could just be slander tho...

Pocket_rocket

only thing with doing an alloy for 35 quid is the cost involved with doing the job, paint guns and all the gear needed to do the thing right is bloody expensive. no to mention the paint itself, good primer will be costing about 35 quid + hardner a litre os basic silver about a tenner minimum and laquer on top of that. add to taht a dose of sandpaper and quite a few hours of hard work in prepping and painting..................... WOULD YOU DO IT FOR 30 QUID?
im not having a go at people but i honestly think that a LOT of car folks have ZERO comprehension as to the work and costs involved in painting stuff. sure go to halfords and get paint cans and have a go at doing it yourself, but once you step back and look is the finish the same as a set painted by someone with the proper gear???? wheels especially need a helluva lot of laquer on them to resist stonechips, that kinda depth is just not possible with paint cans.

Tigger 172

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 172
Noticed when cleaning my wheels last week they are not in the best of shape
Paint is starting to bubble & flake in places :worried:

Where can I get mine done in Black-silver or Shadow-chrome ?

Trev

KiNG

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra SXI CDTi 1
anyone got any before and after shots of alloys being reparied from Alloy Wheel Repair Centre; Hillsborough ?

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
if ur gettin a full set done then u wont have to worry bout matchin the colour to an existing wheel so it wont b noticeable, go wit the cheapest/handyest wud b my bet!

t190uk

RMS Regular
KiNG said:
anyone got any before and after shots of alloys being reparied from Alloy Wheel Repair Centre; Hillsborough ?

Got a set done by the place in hillsborough, (culcavy) brillant job guys are dead on too.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I just had a quote from Nu Luk wheels - £70+VAT per wheel! :eek:

That's £329 all in - I don't think so.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
pablo said:
just dropped a set into awrc there - £200 for full refurb

That sounds more like it, I was expecting circa £50 per wheel.

What sort of damage did your wheels have? All 4 of mine are well kerbed, and a couple of bits are starting to bubble.

pablo

RMS Moderator
slight kerbing, DIY gloss black centres :grinning:P) and im convinced one has a slight buckle.

When you thinking of going down? Im back down to collect on friday afternoon he might do them for a good price if you tag along

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
pablo said:
When you thinking of going down? Im back down to collect on friday afternoon he might do them for a good price if you tag along

Cheers for the offer dude, but I don't move back over there until 9 May - I was hoping to leave them in the weekend after that.

Do you have a number for them, and I'll call and book 'em in? (y)