Anyone In Southampton Direction?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
If someone could view a car for me from Southampton Seaside I would really appreciate it :blush:
Theres a guy in Loughgall takes cars out of England for £240 (so I'm told anyway)
Seems like a big risk buying a car you haven't seen in person, but collecting it myself will cost twice that
Thanks

purplea4T

RMS Regular
£240?! Some chance! I was looking a car lifted from Somerset so further north but more awkward and the cheapest was CCRS at 500 and some.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Don't think it cost much more than that to bring the Jag back from Southampton direction. Well minus the fuel fee. Would be close enough to that in a more normal car?

Steve750

RMS Regular
OP
Steve750
Drives
750i
Don't think it cost much more than that to bring the Jag back from Southampton direction. Well minus the fuel fee. Would be close enough to that in a more normal car?
It’s a lot of driving do a v12. Probably 20mpg

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
Went for the daughters car a few weeks ago to East Midlands cost me 140 quid plane boat and train they had the car filled with fuel , out on the 6.30 flight back on the 3.30 boat easy..

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I’m thinking driving it home will cost a lot more than getting it lifted

I've booked a ferry from Cairnryan to B'fast for the 22nd Dec already, so would just need to change the car reg over for the booking if needed. BUT - it would mean getting a train or bus 180 miles to So'ton driving the v12 about 11 hours to Scotlandcestershire, near 450 miles! I'm worn out thinking about it and need a lie down......... 'scuse me.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
It's almost certainly cheaper to get it lifted than it is to drive home yourself, but where's the fun in that?!

I'm lifting a car from London on Friday morning and my head is absolutely melted trying to decide whether to do Holyhead > Dublin, or Cairnryan > Belfast!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Always Cairnryan > Belfast.

It's the only one I've ever got, but Friday traffic this close to Xmas heading North could be killer. Might be better with less miles in England, ferry from Wales to Dublin and then up the M1.

But if I book the 23:30 from Cairnryan and I hit lucky and make good time, I might even get to Cairnryan in time for the 19:30 ferry. Should be on the road out of London by 10:30am if all goes to plan.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
It's almost certainly cheaper to get it lifted than it is to drive home yourself, but where's the fun in that?!

I'm lifting a car from London on Friday morning and my head is absolutely melted trying to decide whether to do Holyhead > Dublin, or Cairnryan > Belfast!

What you lifting ? Anything spicy ?

i would def do Cairnryan > Belfast

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
@Woodcutter dont book just turn up....only once did I not get on and it was July week holidays full of wobbly boxs and coaches!!

@Cartunes 11 hours Southampton to Cairnryan??? That must be stopping for a snooze lol
It's DECEMBER.... many accidents and roadworks - I've traveled the length and breadth of England for over twenty years...... slowly......and yes, I might need a snooze, :dizzy: definitely a couple of pee-stops

Last edited:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Always Cairnryan > Belfast.

The only route to take.

I done Southampton to Cairnryan a couple of years ago in the Mercedes S600 V12 and I drove like an idiot most of the way home, including up the M6/M6 toll and the whole way along the A75 and it worked out a lot less than £300 including flight, fuel, ferry and food.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

Always Holyhead. Unless you like sitting on mundane motorway for what feels like 6 years. In which case, Cairnryan.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.