Arden VXR Clean

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Cheers Ben. It's nearly ready to go just waiting on my wheels coming back can't wait to get it back on the road when you drive something everyday you start to miss it. Lol. I've had no boosting for 4 days :eek:

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Collected my wheels today fantastic job by nuluk wheels it's true you really do get what you pay for. Going to seal them tonight and fit them. Also have my carbon fog trims ready to fit and my polished map sensor has been delivered another busy night. :grinning:

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Wheels are on the car finally looking like a car again have looked at the wheels at many different angles and I love them there abit darker than I thought and the car really needs to be seen in the metal but I think they look fantastic. Also fitted the carbon & the polished map sensor.

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Wheels are on the car finally looking like a car again have looked at the wheels at many different angles and I love them there abit darker than I thought and the car really needs to be seen in the metal but I think they look fantastic. Also fitted the carbon & the polished map sensor.

Was just about to post up and ask for pictures lol. Cars looking awesome! Alloys look fantastic! Was looking at VXR's online earlier but don't know if I would regret selling the STI for one.......

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
I think you should buy a vxr ;). Lol. You been looking at burgs again? It's getting there need to sort the carbon mirrors think that really finish off the the exterior few other bits I've planned but will see what I end up doing. Lol.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Was exactly what I was thinking @big-lew18 think it done like that then the carbon would tie in nice. Lol. Nearly painted the wheels silver but thought a change of colour something new to look at. Lol.

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
I think you should buy a vxr ;). Lol. You been looking at burgs again? It's getting there need to sort the carbon mirrors think that really finish off the the exterior few other bits I've planned but will see what I end up doing. Lol.

No havnt been looking at burgs, couldn't justify spending that much on one would have to be a normal VXR. Might have to get you to take me a run in yours to see what it's like :p are you still on standard exhsust?

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Nope it's all changed inter cooler precat removed decat pipe catback and induction kit just need to find a suitable map for it hopefully getting a 3 gauge conversion for the inside never understood why they don't come with a temperature gauge. They are a cracking car I miss my st focus but I miss it less every time I get into this. There was what looked to be a few nice low mileage vxr for sale over here in the past few weeks but they seem to be going up in price every time I look at them. Lol.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Centre caps are back and again top class workmanship from the guys at nuluk wheels couldn't be happier. Will get some pictures up later. :cool:

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Looks great, arden blue is a fantastic colour in then, common but obviously for a reason. It is also a great colour for dark/black combination pieces, wheels and carbon touches just make them look so much better. Good engine work too, what sort of power is it sitting at? How does it compare to the focus in terms of getting it down on the road, as I know standard they torque steer pretty aggressively

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Puts the power down very well there's no map on it YET. Lol. So will be interesting to see how it fairs then. My st was an animal it pulled so well and at just shy off 300hp good suspension tyre setup it was fantastic to drive it did snap on me a few times slight scare but never failed to put a smile on my face and the more I do to the astra it's going the same way. If your car doesn't make you smile you've bought the wrong one. :laughing:

Last edited:

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Thanks was unsure but really think they've made the car. Over the moon with them now carbon is needed. Lol.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Puts the power down very well there's no map on it YET. Lol. So will be interesting to see how it fairs then. My st was an animal it pulled so well and at just shy off 300hp good suspension tyre setup it was fantastic to drive it did snap on me a few times slight scare but never failed to put a smile on my face and the more I do to the astra it's going the same way. If your car doesn't make you smile you've bought the wrong one. :laughing:
The focus definitely puts a smile on my face, even driving it sensibly the pops and bangs always make me chuckle like a school kid. Get a video of this up once its mapped, they have some bark in standard form anyway

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Got the go ahead from the guy tonight for my carbon mirrors have seen the photos and they look fantastic. Can't seem to get my brake res cap off looking to put my polished cover on anyone any ideas to get it off?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.