Attempting To Daily a 1930 Ford Model A

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Unreal!

I'm sure you've had all the "one lady owner?" .......... "never raced/rallied" ..... etc digs.

Fair play, you're a braver man than I ....... don't think I'd have made it to the end of the guy's street without panicking it's going to fall apart.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Brilliant!

You will get more looks in this that you will in anything else on the road and what a conversation starter!

Best of luck with it and HTD (y)

althebass

RMS Regular
OP
A
Drives
Model A Ford
Can you explain what you mean about oiling the horn or have I read that wrong.

that’s absolutely bat**** mad dailying that 😎 mucho respect lol!
There’s a few wee bits of the car that need regular lubrication, including the mechanical ‘ooh-ga’ type horn and the shaft and bob weights in the distributor for instance.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
john fashanu fash GIF by Gladiators

We need to hear that horn and see a video of this thing in action!

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Now with a little 3.9 isbe and an auto gearbox it would be a real nice driving thing.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I do hope sir is agreeably dressed; tweeds, stringbacked gloves, dearstalker, pipe perhaps?

althebass

RMS Regular
OP
A
Drives
Model A Ford
How was the journey home?
DRAMA!! 😱 F*ck sake!
Turned the headlights on and it popped a 35 amp fuse.
Bulb had gone and taken out the main fuse.
Found this out after sticking a fuse in and only getting one light.
Where the actual f*ck do I get a 6v twin filament equal pin headlight bulb at 5:15 in a field near Donaghadee??

Third drawer down in the black toolbox 😀
There’s definitely benefits to working where I do!
Not that it made much difference, the lights on this thing are BAD. I should be able to get them a good bit better but they’re not really up to it when you’re facing xenons ahead and more up your hoop.

I spoke to classiccarleds.co.uk who where incredibly helpful. They are prototyping a direct fit replacement for the original bulb which is more like a modern projector unit, thereby not relying on the original reflector at all. It sounds like just the job and they’re hoping they’ll work on 6-24v and either positive earth (which this car is) or the usual negative.
Due out around February so for now I’ll try to struggle on with what’s there providing I can get it a bit better.
I’ve got planning permission from the boss to use our friendly slave tomorrow so I’m going to get him to clean up all the earths and any other connections and switches he can find.
I’ll charge the battery tonight and check the dynamo tomorrow as it’s not really charging when the lights are on. 😂
Which is all my driving for the foreseeable 🤣

The guy I bought it off was kind enough to leave a couple off clip on bicycle red LED things in the door pocket for me so I’ve been clipping them on the back bumper for now because it seems I can have rear lights, and high beam, but not both at the same time. Perfect!

I think this is my life now.

Ali

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, welcome to old cars :cool:

I've bought some bulbs off classic car leds and they've been spot on. Perfect fit and do the job exactly as it says on the tin. Not quite as odd ball as your bulbs but they have a ridiculous variety of weird and wonderful bulbs in all sorts of configurations.

In the Lotus, if I have to drive in the dark, I get a lot more light from the cars behind than from my own headlights 😅