Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI S-Line Black Edition

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Countdown till it’s for sale 😂 😉

It has the same system as my old A4 did so it will need the controller, new boot lid handle and wiring.

You’d be better calling up with your man as you know what he’s like with socials 😂😂
Need to work out what days he's actually in work first 😂

c_rad

RMS Regular
Looks great, liking the full silver on those wheels. Much nicer looking.

A remap would see it being a proper sleeper too!

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
This is lovely and with the Rotar`s all in Silver it makes them look so good.

Health to Enjoy.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Very smart!!! Been debating one of these or a 530 xdrive estate for a while 👏

What real world fuel figures like

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Very smart!!! Been debating one of these or a 530 xdrive estate for a while 👏

What real world fuel figures like
Quite early to get an accurate representation but the on board computed hasn't dropped below 30mpg yet.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
To be fair some of that was fairly long trips and not really giving it the beans as the wee girl was in with me....but not at all bad for the power it has.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Aye I’ve had a few drives in em but never paid much attention to the economy at the time!! Was def lively and a nice driving thing

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
Fantastic motor, health to enjoy. I loved mine. Plenty of room for the offspring with all their clutter and lots of power too. What kore could you want?!

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Updated the Firmware and maps today. Next up, get a dashcam sorted and reverse camera fitted.

Hmm... how did you do that.
(Not that I use the factory nav anyways lol)

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Hmm... how did you do that.
(Not that I use the factory nav anyways lol)
@Darren91 pointed me towards this one that he used before. Great job. They send you 3 SD cards, one with firmware update, one with nav update and one with an activation. Detailed instructions too.

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Very nice @NickR. They’re brilliant family cars. Don’t know if I could go back to a smaller car now after owning mine!

The maps update is interesting. Does it upgrade it to the more ‘modern’ looking maps? Any other noticeable changes?

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Very nice @NickR. They’re brilliant family cars. Don’t know if I could go back to a smaller car now after owning mine!

The maps update is interesting. Does it upgrade it to the more ‘modern’ looking maps? Any other noticeable changes?
I haven't really used the nav yet but we are heading away later this week so I will be using it then. I think it just updates the maps with new roads, doesn't seem to make it more modern looking.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Health to drive this mate.
Must be a hoot coming from the 150 alteca! Lol

I absolutely love steering our 3.0 TDI, way more than I ever thought I would coming from noisy turbo petrols.

It is my first ever diesel and there is something nice about making quick stealthy progress without shouting about it!

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i

I absolutely love steering our 3.0 TDI, way more than I ever thought I would coming from noisy turbo petrols.

It is my first ever diesel and there is something nice about making quick stealthy progress without shouting about it!
Cheers Ben. Think that's part of the appeal. This looks like a 2.0tdi but goes like a scalded cat. As others have said it sounds decent for a diesel too.

We really liked the Ateca and it was loaded with kit but it was dead.

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
Wee girl is only 18 months at the minute so will have 2 under 2 :neutral:
Lovely car. We had 2 under 2 as wee. My god its tough. Lol.
Considered a A6 myself when we were sourcing a family car but my wife wanted something taller as its easier so ended with a g01 m40d x3. I'm glad I listened to her as the height makes bringing the kids on and off so much easier.

I'm a scenario where we don't need a diesel but currently own two. The other being a f30 335d. The 3 series is much faster (remapped) and handles better but i much rather be in the x3. Just gliding down the motorway in the bigger car feels so much better

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Were you able to get Apple Carplay enabled @NickR ? Previous owner did on mine, great job.
No but from looking online you can do an aftermarket update to the screen, etc. I don't really used Carplay or Android auto to be honest, I've had it on a few cars now and only used it a handful of times.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I have done about 500 miles in this since Monday with us staying in Kirkubbin for a few days and touring about. Gave it another clean today (forgot how much upkeep there is with a black car).

The A6 is such a nice place to be. Loads of space, comfortable and plenty of power for overtakes, etc. I find myself looking back at it when i park up too, which I never did with the Ateca.
20230326_163122.jpg