Audi A6 C7

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Looking advice on a C7 Audi A6 (11-18)

For the next 6 months will be doing big miles and just fancy one to do it in.

Any one know of any good ones or for any reason to avoid lol

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Looking advice on a C7 Audi A6 (11-18)

For the next 6 months will be doing big miles and just fancy one to do it in.

Any one know of any good ones or for any reason to avoid lol
I'm toying with selling our 3.0 BiTdi S Line Avant. Maybe to high in the miles for you though at 140k ish though.

I've had two C7 A6 Avants now, one a 3.0TDI Quattro face-lift and the current 2013 BiTDi. They're fantastic big cars. Comfortable and quick enough for what they are. Try and get one with the tech pack at a minimum.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Absolutely fantastic cars. We’ve had 2 too- 3L saloon and 3L Allroad. The gearbox needed changed in the Allroad but there are millions of cars with S-Tronic boxes so it wouldn’t put me off.

Would you consider a D4 A8? I was looking at them again last night. The interior is even better, plus they have air suspension too.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
The auto boxes can give bother on earlier cars, and short runs aren't great for EGR / DPF but sounds like it certainly won't be an issue of yours.

Know a few guys running them for big miles issue free. Have a similar era A4 2L TDI manual which has been flawless for 21k miles now, at 133k. The A6 is very quiet inside, which I love for doing big miles.

Good service history & condition, wouldn't phase me buying one whatsoever.

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
OP
lackingBHP
Drives
mediocrely
Ideally after a 2.0 TDI, manual in S Line but prices seem to be all over the place for them.

I love the idea of an A8 @Lyons but want the £35 a year road tax lol

Your one would be lovely @NickR but will be adding a fair few miles onto it

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I'm toying with selling our 3.0 BiTdi S Line Avant. Maybe to high in the miles for you though at 140k ish though.

I've had two C7 A6 Avants now, one a 3.0TDI Quattro face-lift and the current 2013 BiTDi. They're fantastic big cars. Comfortable and quick enough for what they are. Try and get one with the tech pack at a minimum.

What is yours like?

I’m after something for commuting, particularly in the winter months. Would only be 150 miles a week, so not crazy mileage.

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
Fantastic motor. I had a C7 for 5 years before my current C8. £30 tax was great, 50+MPG, comfortable, plenty of room etc.

My only negative would be the sunroof. Avoid the panoramic sunroof if you can because they crack and leak with age.

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
I’ve a 2.0 190bhp manual, I’ll be honest I love the car but as said avoid the panoramic roof apparently they are fond of leaking.

gleyland44

RMS Regular
Drives
Noble M12's
Had a C7 2.0 190 s-line auto for a couple of years now. Test drove the manual but the wife prefered the auto for school runs etc. Have a tuning box in it so around 230hp (its a big heavy car for a 2.0l to be pulling around so the mpg is mid 30s mostly but 45+ on long runs). Can't really fault the car, very comfy and plenty of room in the back/boot.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
I had a 15 plate 2.0tdi sline black edition, it had loads of faults the first year I had it (egr/clutch & flywheel/rear parking sensors/adblue, there was a few more I can't remember off top of my head)
Luckily portadown audi stood over everything, I hadn't to put my hand in my pocket. After all the hassel they gave me the 2nd year warranty free of charge.
Had reasonable good luck the 2nd year but couldn't hack constantly worrying what's going to go wrong next so got rid of it.

Beautiful car and a nice big comfy cruiser with loads of space so ww were gutted to have to get rid. Once the wife looses faith in a motor it's out the road it goes

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Would you consider a D4 A8? I was looking at them again last night. The interior is even better, plus they have air suspension too.
Been looking at these. Knowing the 3.0 would do rightly but keeping clicking on 4.2 tdi ads

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Strongly second this. Still miss my old one. Difference in the interior over an A6 is just night and day!
Do you still have the D4? it looked class. D3 would prob do alright for all the motorway miles I do.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Please fire me some details if you decide to sell, black honestly would be my first choice of colour. But for its purpose, I would be more interested in condition and reliability.
That's it advertised as I've seen something else I'm after. Only advertised on here at the minute.