Audi e-tron NHS lease deal

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
IMG_6581.jpeg
IMG_6578.jpeg
IMG_6572.jpeg

Q4 arrived. Showing about 300 miles range currently so time will tell.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Current E-Tron 50 in for warranty issue, service and they said they are doing a range update recalibration. They said they it would make a noticeable difference to range.

Full charge at the moment is showing 140 miles. Be interesting to see what goes up to. Twice now the car has stopped dead and shutdown with 10 miles range left.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
82kwh

Don’t think the home charger will fully charge it off peak. Will need to check.

Doubtful if it’s anywhere near empty. I think our car is 80kw, if it’s low it won’t get to 100% before the off peak rate time runs out.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
It can take as long to get from 80 to 100% as it does to get from nearly empty to 80% for a lot of EVs. Might make things difficult for those needing the full range every day but otherwise it can be handy to plan around that, especially if using public charging.

In the colder weather, using the battery preconditioning while it’s plugged in (not just the cabin) helps a lot too.

That new motor looks lovely (y)

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Q4 looks a decent size @Coog - how does it compare to the previous that way? Interested to see how you and the fam get on with it.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Q4 looks a decent size @Coog - how does it compare to the previous that way? Interested to see how you and the fam get on with it.

It's a bit bigger that the Tiguan we had. Rear is pretty good but not as big as the E-Tron was.

Etron:

IMG_6553.jpeg

Q4:

IMG_6574.jpeg

The boot is deeper but shorter. Decent enough size and possibly more useable than the E-Tron, which I found to be quite shallow.

IMG_6575.jpeg

The really annoying this is no frunk to store the cables, I've managed to stuff most of the cables under the floor but the main charger cable won't fit in. Stupid.

I'll look into designing and printing something to store the cable over the next few weeks.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Does it have any of the following @Coog ? Keyless entry, button to open boot, a sensible wireless phone charger, heated steering wheel, a usable sat nav, any kind of steering feel at all or any meaningful regenerative braking? Just so I know how bad a mistake I made going q8 without going in to the range issue.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Does it have any of the following @Coog ? Keyless entry, button to open boot, a sensible wireless phone charger, heated steering wheel, a usable sat nav, any kind of steering feel at all or any meaningful regenerative braking? Just so I know how bad a mistake I made going q8 without going in to the range issue.

A few but not all. Oddly it doesn't have a reverse cam which is giving me earache already, but it does have climate windows which can be turned on from the app.

To be honest I've not even taken it a spin round the block. We see her car as very much the appliance of the household that's there to avail of tax breaks and meet the requirements of my company car allowance. This is the 4th in a row neither of us even sat in before committing to never mind test driving or asking questions about spec. If it shifts kids and stuff about and keeps my stuff off the kerbs of Belfast then that's normally good enough.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
A few but not all. Oddly it doesn't have a reverse cam which is giving me earache already, but it does have climate windows which can be turned on from the app.

To be honest I've not even taken it a spin round the block. We see her car as very much the appliance of the household that's there to avail of tax breaks and meet the requirements of my company car allowance. This is the 4th in a row neither of us even sat in before committing to never mind test driving or asking questions about spec. If it shifts kids and stuff about and keeps my stuff off the kerbs of Belfast then that's normally good enough.
No reversesing cam!? Talk about pinching pennies. I'm the same it's a giant kids transportation device that does it's job admirably for the cost to me. If I'd spent hard cash buying the thing I'd be clean raging, but then I may have actually sat in one or done a scintilla of research.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Unless a certain brand and model of car is forced upon you I have no idea why someone wouldn’t do some level of research into what they are getting and alternative options. It may not be costing a lot but maybe something you liked would not have cost much more so it’s worth a bit of effort.
When I got my ID.3 I tried other cars and then made sure I got the model of ID.3 that had all the items that I wanted. Took a bit of work trying different suppliers and pushing lease companies but I got there and am happy with my choice.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
The formula I've always used is cheapest first, filter out the muck (Vauxhalls, Renault, etc) then see what we're left with. If it's a few quid between them then have a glance online, otherwise it'll get about the same research as a new toaster. Appreciate that's not very 'RMS' but it's there for a task and there's very few genuinely bad cars out there these days anyway. IIRC our options were a Mini, iX3, Q4, MG, Q8 and a BMW saloon of some description. Step away from the deals and you're spending twice the amount. I'd rather spend that on restoring my M5 to be honest. Besides, she seems to quite like it.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I really like our Q8, my only gripe is the stupid lane assist which is actually dangerous at times when it pulls you towards the middle of the road for no reason.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I really like our Q8, my only gripe is the stupid lane assist which is actually dangerous at times when it pulls you towards the middle of the road for no reason.

First thing I did when I got into it was click the end of the stalk to switch it off. Could be worse, could be buried in a sub menu somewhere like some others! :joy:

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
First thing I did when I got into it was click the end of the stalk to switch it off. Could be worse, could be buried in a sub menu somewhere like some others! :joy:
This is the first thing I do as soon as I get in to my MG4 every day.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo

My boss got his wife one and they were shocked it had no keyless nor reverse camera. It’s a Q4 50. Big step down from the previous velar

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
No camera as standard on something like this does seem crazy.

Smart looking jeep though.