Audi S3 Sprint Blue 2007

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Boydie is the v8 M a dct? Definitely worth trying the dual clutch box.. More than welcome to try mine and my mate Chris has a white dct coupe too. Food for thought if nothing else!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Boydie is the v8 M a dct? Definitely worth trying the dual clutch box.. More than welcome to try mine and my mate Chris has a white dct coupe too. Food for thought if nothing else!

Yeah its DCT and Bavarian have a Grey Manual in stock too.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Good stuff, I personally love my dct box and wouldn't own a manual after this. It's just so easy to cruise about but when you want some fun the experience is like no other either. But plenty are manual only folks, still a great car either way.

Be interesting to hear how you get on being a Audi man. Make sure you try m track mode..

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
As said before @Boydie, get a run as many different types of car as possible and get the predictability (dont confuse this with reliability) of the audi out of your system for a while.

Its like coming out of a long term relationship, yes you could go to the cathedral quarter and pick up another carbon copy OR get down to cuckoo and have a wee cheeky bit of dirt!

Last edited:

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
IMO I was spoilt with the S3 so finding a replacement, personally, has been very hard and as you can imagine, a hard decision to make to sell it.

The S5 is top of the list, nothing else really comes close to be honest. A 3.0V6 would be ideal but at this moment, too expensive.

Can't get a TTS as it would be too similar to the S3 and I would end up spending a fortune on it tuning to Stage2+
Same goes with Golf R, Rocco R etc... can't have anything else in the hatchback VAG range.
A4 - don't need nor want a 5dr car
M3 V8 - possibly but expensive for the miles and spec I would be after
Merc's - haven't really looked at any to be honest
Porsche - only thing within budget and at a decent age would be a cayman s but would be scared of thinking they would be too slow and small.

A part from the above, nothing else has jumped out at me. Not interested in older cars, french or jap and believe me I have trawled through every make and model online lol

Conor

RMS Regular
I honestly think M3 V8 mate. S5s are supposed to be a very underwhelming car, i've read a couple of reviews in the past where the journalist has questioned why you would get a V8 S5 over a 3.0 245 TDI as there's very little on the road difference apart from an engine note, which even at that is subdued!

An S5 is an A5 with a big engine, a M3 is a full blown special version of a 3 series.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
someone bought a great car (y)

On the new car front I understand your view point. I myself will always be inclined to buy BMW. Everytime I try something else it only lasts a matter of weeks before I end up selling it on missing a BMW.

Id say you could buy a different car then once the novelty has worn off find yourself wishing you were in an Audi again.

There's no doubt an m3 would be a more enjoyable car from a driving aspect and it would certainly be my choice of the 2 but I fear you would probably end up lusting after the s5. Buy whatever car your heart is in (y)

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
(y)

BMW-M135i-rear-badge.jpg

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Is it power you are after?

If you can stretch, I'd definitely go for the M3.... They are fantastic all-rounders.

Are you still dead set against jap scrap? They aren't as "refined" as an audi but you feel like you are driving when behind the wheel of a 400 horse plus evo.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Are you still dead set against jap scrap? They aren't as "refined" as an audi but you feel like you are driving when behind the wheel of a 400 horse plus evo.

My IX GT 421BHP/408LB/FT and after the initial novelty wore off, I found it dull as dishwasher.

I've never got from A to B quicker on 4 wheels but never thought I'd get bored in the process.

Technically brilliant but no character whatsoever.

Anyway, Boydie could never go from an Audi interior to that of a Mitsubushi.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Power isn't a major factor to be honest but I don't want a TDI and I don't want a 2.0tfsi lol fussy.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.