Audi S3 Sprint Blue 2007

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Conor

RMS Regular
Anyone ever had a phone call regarding your car and the person asking you advice on mods?

Haha got a call this afternoon from a guy in london asking me if it was worth his while installing the RS4 fuel valve regulator - ended up talking to him for about 15mins about S3's and cars!

Lol, I had a Milltek up for sale on a Scottish VAG forum once and the guy that ended up buying it rang 2 or 3 different times after that asking advice on CAI kits and coilovers.

Any kind of interest at all yet?

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
@Conor just bits and bobs - no calls but just people on forums and pm's saying they have passed my info onto friends who are looking something similar - I am in no rush what so ever but I am ready if someone comes along.

Market's slow as you have only advertised on 4 mainland UK forums lol
Surely got to be worth adding them to UTV Drive, UsedcarsNI, Autotrader, Pistonheads and Gumtree.

It is on PH and usedcarsni - don't see the point in UTV drive and I hate Gumtree.

Autotrader is next, just when I get some time at home to upload the ad as I cannot do it in work due to adobe upgrades needed.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
No, not you. ChrisL lol

I'm not a big fan of Gumtree either but nearly all of my cars and Bike sold via Gumtree lol
BMW 3 series sold via a classified ad on Ebay of all places, guy spotted it and flew over from Manchester to collect it.
MR2 and VTR sold via RMS!

Last edited:
Reactions: KJS

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
To be fair forums have always worked for me. I'll put it on pistonheads if it doesn't sell after a week.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Right person, right time! My S2K went to Scotland because the guy just happened to be over here with work and spied it on PH!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
As I've said before I had most interest on Autotrader.

Just put it on every site you can think of. If you want it sold you're going to have to put up with the timewasters as 1 may turn out to be your buyer.

Not putting it on certain websites due to fear of said calls is just narrowing your potential interest.

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
The autotrader seems to be the only place to sell cars ATM, it's got a much bigger audience than any of the other methods.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Id a guy contact me on Seat Cupra last night about mine. Asked loads of questions then asked for more images which I sent over today. He simply replied love the car but I dont think I have the budget .... haha absolute time wasters everywhere.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Id a guy contact me on Seat Cupra last night about mine. Asked loads of questions then asked for more images which I sent over today. He simply replied love the car but I dont think I have the budget .... haha absolute time wasters everywhere.

FFS!! I hate twats that do that - wanting more images and proof of service receipts, mods, etc...then after all that "Er..It's not within my budget" why bother asking for more stuff about the car then - feckin dreamers....if a car is not within your budget then don't shop for one - Jeez!!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Since both of us had some time off during eater break we decided to visit some friends in Sligo, so that meant ROAD TRIP!!!

If you have been following this thread, I have been on a number of trips round the UK in the S3 and being honest, this was probably one of the best driving trips I enjoyed.

From Belfast to Enniskillen was fine, mainly motorway and dual roads but once we hit the twisties between Enniskillen and Sligo, that's where the trip became entertaining!

The car performed brilliantly as usual but something about this drive made it more enjoyable, maybe the weather?! Still for sale after all this praise but I know for sure the next owner is going to get a cracker!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
End of an era, the S3 drove off into the sunset this evening. Very smooth transaction from the sale and to say I am gutted to see it go is an understatement but onwards and upwards.

It has been a fantastic near 5 year ownership of such an awesome car which I built from standard. Big thanks to all those involved and who helped throughout, especially @BBSBOY

And thanks for all the nice comments, advice and suggestions! Hope the new owner loves it as much as I have had and has as much fun!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
No I'm keeping the BBS for future cars, worth more to me than to anyone else.

Few things for sale but nothing major. Will put up some threads tomorrow.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Congrats! It's a biter sweet relief of selling yet when it comes down to it, its heartbreaking watching it leave. Looking forward to seeing the next one (y)

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
End of an era indeed! Looking forward to the next car, but it has to be forced induction!
I had a play with an S5 tonight (V8 I think), it didn't put up much of a fight to be honest (although maybe he wasn't at 10 tenths).

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.