Audi S6 Avant 4.2 V8

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
With the Soarer going to a new home last week, as it wasn't getting used as much , as it wasn't too practical with our current family. I started hunting for anything that took my fancy with the modest budget i had available, was supposed to be spending on house/garden but that got fobbed off as the garage was annoying me with nothing in it. Looked at all sorts but the good wife said it had to be usable for the family and dog, so that ruled out pretty every body style bar estates. Looked at old AMGs ,big Jap wagons, 5 series but nothing really took my fancy, till I spotted the Audi S6. Almost bought a S4 but after taking out a RS4 it turned out to be pretty pokey in side, so looked at the s6s for more room. Have a few wee plans but nothing major at moment.

So these are the pics from the Ad will get some more after I collect it.

Here it is. Audi S6 Quattro Avant with a 4.2V8 and approx 340bhp with a comprehensive history and 10 months mot.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Absolutely fantastic!! I would love to be brave enough for the 2.7T model.

Where in Scotland did you get it?

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
@Lyons up in Inverness. Not looking forward to the 100 miles of average speed cameras all the way to Perth, but I know a few routes down

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Whats the history with the gearbox?? Lovely car but i know too well the nightmares associated with maintaining the things!
I read your horror thread, gearbox history was the first thing I asked about, so should be ok for a while, i read the gearbox handles the power of the s6 better than the huge power of the rs6.

gary87

RMS Regular
That's a great looking big Avant especially knowing there's a V8 under the bonnet. Needs the headlights wet and dry'd to the max though, makes it look really old or something

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.