Audi S6 Avant 4.2 V8

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Class!! What a bus. .. I wouldn't call it a sleeper, but would definitely surprise some youngin's in a civic at lights :p

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
No, glasses. Golf with no front number plate? Yes it was just after the roundabout.

Spacers? Quare stance!
ah yes that was me, that's just the standard stance no spacers yet, she's a big old beast.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Managing to get a few wee more jobs done, changed the oil/air/pollen filters and new oil, checked the s6 forums and Mobil 1 seemed the way to go so that's what I'm running now. Was depressing buying 10litres though. Trying to start on the paint, which isn't that bad but could be better so worked on the bonnet last night and it came up well, I think a da polisher may be coming my way for Father's Day though ;) got some new trim clips for the rear boot panel as some had snapped, the inside needs doing next, but trying to find the best way to clean the Alcantara.
Need to spray the bottom grills again but garage was too cold last night.
image.jpg

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Currently in the process of replacing the rear wheel bearings, got them delivered direct from Germany and saved it me a fortune compared to over here, also had to buy a new hub after damaging the splines on the hub, which probably offset my bearings savings, expensive mistake to make but got the other side off far quicker. Got the new bearings pressed in today and the guy that did it said it was a right pain due to the design. Putting back together then going to tackle the aux belt, front end off time. Priced up spacers so they should be next on the to do list after getting the alignment done after the bearing change.
image.jpg
Hubs off.
image.jpg
And new bearings and hubs to go back on, was impressed with the bearing kit, came with all new bolts for the suspension and new hub nut.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.