Audi S6 Avant 4.2 V8

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
That's a great looking big Avant especially knowing there's a V8 under the bonnet. Needs the headlights wet and dry'd to the max though, makes it look really old or something
the osf has condensation in it, I asked about that. Currently delayed, I hope it's not a sign of things to come. Think I'll get some TDi badges for it to reverse the trend of all the audi diesels sporting S and RS badges.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Well picked it up, needs a good clean and polish and probably a new wheel bearing but a bit of bartering later, it's mine. Just getting 4 new tyres fitted here as it's far cheaper on the mainland than in NI. Just got to get it back now....

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
I think I may be in love with a car, Quattro and v8, great craic was had through scotland.

Quattro country.
image.jpg

Minikid

RMS Regular
Drives
Choopay
Your never late in a V8

Moving back down the engine size will be hard to stomach again.....health to drive

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Thought I'd post a few pics as its coming along, Not many plans apart from New "S" badges as the old ones have faded and maybe a touch Lower and maybe spacers, paintwork has a wee bit of laquer peel in a few spots that aren't really noticeable but it has a nice shopping trolley dent in the boot that I'll be getting sorted. It's not going to win any shows but that's not what it's for , it's going to be weekend family bus. But it fairly shifts for a big beast. Oh and he left a nice 5 character reg on it as well and catback stainless exhaust as well. Anyhow for what I paid for it I don't think you get anywhere near as much practicality or performance.

Nice Carbon Fibre inserts throughout car.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Thought I'd freshen up the front end, I bought the Meguirs headlight resto kit on a whim, and I have to say it brought the headlights out quite well, sprayed all the front plastics with black plastic paint and thought it came up well. Managed to remove rear badges as well with no dramas so just need fit new s6 and Quattro badges next.
image.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I love how understated it looks!

@Boabybooster what he means to say is that it looks like **** all, but it's big engine renders it an acceptable purchase... Lol

My kind of bus right there though. I was for buying a V8 E34 until this Sport came along at the right money. A V8 dropped into it would almost be the right thing to do though...

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Looks well, what sort of power are these? Good luck with it

edit: just saw it was stated in the first post. Im sure it goes rightly.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Looks well, what sort of power are these? Good luck with it

edit: just saw it was stated in the first post. Im sure it goes rightly.
Mr 430d thought so today anyway.

@Boabybooster what he means to say is that it looks like **** all, but it's big engine renders it an acceptable purchase... Lol

My kind of bus right there though. I was for buying a V8 E34 until this Sport came along at the right money. A V8 dropped into it would almost be the right thing to do though...
I'm anything but an Audi fan boy, the wife has a modern b8 s-line and I hate the thing, but to be fair to Audi they do a damn good fast estate. A rare one at that, think they only sold 200 odd of these. Only thing I wish it had was the full black interior, but once the cream Alcantara is cleaned up I'm sure I'll warm to it.

Got the S badges on.
image.jpg
Few more jobs to do but nothing major. It'll be getting used as the Baby and Golden retreiver bus on weekends and for the wife to use in the winter. Think ill get a set of these to make it a proper family bus.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Lowered, spacers and anthracite wheels to help break up the silver and you'll be sweet :grinning: will work nicely with the lower door trims being dark also (y)
All in good time, been pricing springs and spacers. Need to get a new bootlid fitted first after my attempt at dent repair...

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Awesome car, a worthy replacement for the Soarer
Headlights look great after the restoration, fancy doing mine on the soarer? lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Did you prep the grills before painting in any way?

What does the Meguiar kit consist of for the lights? Mine are in need of serious work but was just going to get them done with a buff.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Did you prep the grills before painting in any way?

What does the Meguiar kit consist of for the lights? Mine are in need of serious work but was just going to get them done with a buff.
the grills were just cleaned with a coarse sponge and sprayed, the lower ones need another coat as ran out of paint.

As for the meguirs kit, I was dubious, but comes with bits of sandpaper which I used with the supplied product and then used the drill attachment for maybe 15 mins a headlight and they came out really well, will probably do them again but was out of time, but they came up well with minimal effort.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.