Autodoc

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 M Sport
ordered about a hundred quid's worth of stuff which arrived last week. The only thing that was the wrong part they sent was a £5 rear wiper blade. They had the right sticker with part number on it but the part itself was wrong - you should have seen the f*cking online chat i had with one of them trying to get them to send me the right part without having to pay to post the wrong one back, or for them to even send me a returns label. you would have thought i was trying to swindle them out of hundreds, and they were very cheeky on the chat. I like autodoc for prices and handiness but that put a bit of a sour tast in my mouth for the sake of a sky diver

Mark_C

RMS Regular
What are the other options these days? Still ECP, GSF and Carparts4less? I need a few bits but want the option of returning them without hassle. Otherwise I’d just go for a local motorfactor.

I don't understand why you would use anything but a motor factor. The prices are usually lower than the fashionable 'cheap' sites, even after all their '90% discount days' and the like. I have never got a price for general parts on the likes of autodoc or ecp that even approaches the pricing at my local places.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I don't understand why you would use anything but a motor factor. The prices are usually lower than the fashionable 'cheap' sites, even after all their '90% discount days' and the like. I have never got a price for general parts on the likes of autodoc or ecp that even approaches the pricing at my local places.
Let me know who you us well? Have you a trade account?

My local motor factors never have stock, are wild expensive in comparison and to be honest half the time they sell me the wrong filters etc. I avoid at all costs now (which I hate as I like to support local) as it's to much hassle.

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 M Sport
Let me know who you us well? Have you a trade account?

My local motor factors never have stock, are wild expensive in comparison and to be honest half the time they sell me the wrong filters etc. I avoid at all costs now (which I hate as I like to support local) as it's to much hassle.
Same, have found locals to be very dear in comparison to autodoc especially.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Motor and commercial and europarts in washingford row usually. If they don't have it at that point they can get almost anything before 1330 same day or at half 3 if you are in a bit later.
They also deliver to the house if you need to as well within a few hours.

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Always had this impression that the guys more in the country and usually more west have useful motor factors - anything near me locally are useless or mega money for mid level pattern parts at best!

Autodoc order dispatched last Thursday with free post, arrived today no issues 👍🏼

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Same, have found locals to be very dear in comparison to autodoc especially.

I only really use Parts Doc (Coleraine), NW Motor Factors (Coleraine) or P&C's (Ballymoney). All well priced and decent stock either in store or at the very latest next day.
For oddball stuff and stuff I dont need in a hurry I would go to Autodoc.

Most recent was a front engine mount for the XC90. Not something that id expect most motor factors to keep as it isn't a part that fails very regularly.

Gerrymc123

RMS Member
Love my local factors and they are generally always cheaper than ECP with their fake discounts but they can't complete with parts in motion and Autodoc with a 40% day.

For example I could get a set of Ferodo Premier discs and pads from Autodoc delivered cheaper than a factors no name Juratek for example.

Said Juratek discs and pads were almost half the price delivered from parts in motion than the local motor factors, so there must be a crazy mark up on the unbranded stuff.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
20210729_171441.jpg

Wife's countryman needed a new battery as the stop start wasn't working and it generally didn't have enough juice. Euro wanted £400 for a varta, but got a Bosch silver for £150 from autodoc. Ordered on 19th, delivered 27th 👍🏻

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
Tried to cancel an auto doc order yesterday with one of there human chat bots.

Talked me into just updating the order, who then proceeded to charge me more for the new parts than I could buy them in app.

On challenging her she claimed there was no price difference, just a refund as previous order was larger.

Eventually after explaining the refund shud be larger to reflect the cheaper price I could buy them there and then , she then tried to get me to simply credit the account ( I had demanded a cancellation at this point )

This went on for about 20 mins and to be honest was a farce.

Works well when it works well. Obviously there robots are well trained to squeeze every penny out of you.

I end the end and went to euro car parts and put in the normal cheap ***** code. Slightly dearer but parts here tomoro.

Gerrymc123

RMS Member

Talked me into just updating the order, who then proceeded to charge me more for the new parts than I could buy them in app.

On challenging her she claimed there was no price difference, just a refund as previous order was larger.

Eventually after explaining the refund shud be larger to reflect the cheaper price I could buy them there and then , she then tried to get me to simply credit the account ( I had demanded a cancellation at this point )

Works well when it works well. Obviously there robots are well trained to squeeze every penny out of you.

I end the end and went to euro car parts and put in the normal cheap ***** code. Slightly dearer but parts here tomoro.
Yea, it can be more of a handling than ECP at times - but the savings are that big it's definitely still well worth it.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7

If you use Euro, then its cheaper from their sister site carparts4less!

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
If you use Euro, then its cheaper from their sister site carparts4less!
This! Said it above, basic price is way cheaper than euro and it’s the same place…code is normally consistent about the 20% mark.
If something isn’t there take the product code from eurocarparts and search it, you’ll still be able to buy it, cheaper. Works for stuff like cleaning and tools that aren’t in Carparts4less drop downs

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
View attachment 330725
Wife's countryman needed a new battery as the stop start wasn't working and it generally didn't have enough juice. Euro wanted £400 for a varta, but got a Bosch silver for £150 from autodoc. Ordered on 19th, delivered 27th 👍🏻
Did you try the dealership? I got 2 batteries for the 750 off them for £200 total and they were massive. Also come with warranty

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Always had this impression that the guys more in the country and usually more west have useful motor factors - anything near me locally are useless or mega money for mid level pattern parts at best!

Autodoc order dispatched last Thursday with free post, arrived today no issues 👍🏼

This is 100% right, I've been to a few of the Belfast ones, motorstore for example, and couldn't believe how expensive it was for the same stuff as Wesley's. I tried one in Bangor as well when I was at the inlaws holiday place in ballyholme and it was an eye opener as well.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
This is 100% right, I've been to a few of the Belfast ones, motorstore for example, and couldn't believe how expensive it was for the same stuff as Wesley's. I tried one in Bangor as well when I was at the inlaws holiday place in ballyholme and it was an eye opener as well.
The best, cheapest, most helpful I've settled for in Bangor is Bangor Autoparts, bottom belfast road. The lads are 100% in there and there is no BS with them.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Just looking at brake calipers for the Mx5 and Autodoc has a front brake caliper for £20. How bad can it be?

96622F5E-E3EC-4155-9D09-D59B5A1EDF80.jpeg

Part of me wants to think they’re just the same as a caliper from any local motor factors. The other part of me reminds myself that brakes are kind of necessary so I’d rather they weren’t rubbish or have a high chance of failure.

What sort of differences are these compared to something from a different brand? For example a Ferodo branded caliper is on the same listing for £60.

Are the calipers themselves of any poorer quality than OEM? Or same factory but perhaps not of the same quality control? Or is it the pistons and seals?

Gerrymc123

RMS Member
I've used Juratek calipers from parts in motion with free delivery. Was around £36 and has been on a few years now with no problems.

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
Well this came back to bite me. After throwing thr head up with auto doc I went ahead and ordered from ecp with usual bluff codes.

2 air filters requested ( w12 ) and after dhl delivering on Monday instead of the indicated Friday, I got my parcel yesterday. Opened the box and only one fcking filter.

Invoice for 1 filter in box, yet paid for 2 and invoice for 2.

Sometimes u can’t win

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Well this came back to bite me. After throwing thr head up with auto doc I went ahead and ordered from ecp with usual bluff codes.

2 air filters requested ( w12 ) and after dhl delivering on Monday instead of the indicated Friday, I got my parcel yesterday. Opened the box and only one fcking filter.

Invoice for 1 filter in box, yet paid for 2 and invoice for 2.

Sometimes u can’t win

Second one will arrive soon. They’ve always been like that.