B7 Audi RS4 Avant

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

cbr600

RMS Regular
OP
cbr600
Drives
Golf R
I decided to treat the RS4 to a little tlc so I booked it into Belfast Audi for a service and brake fluid change, just to keep the service history up to date! Being stuck in work I got my wife to take it up, as she works in the city centre and it gave me an opportunity to get my hands on the Golf R!

Just before she was due to collect it I received a call from the service dept telling me there were a few items that would require looking at in the near future. I told him to draw up a quote and I'd look at it over the weekend.

On her arrival home she handed me the folder with the receipt and quotation in side. I was pleasantly surprised at the cost of the service then I saw the total on the quotation for the advised work, £8500, needless to say I won't be getting any of the work done by them.:confounded:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
…and you say it needs for very little :p

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
Drives
205 gti
Fell in love with one of these today at the car show in NEC! Looks amazing. What's it like to live with? Not taking into question the £8500 quote lol

cbr600

RMS Regular
OP
cbr600
Drives
Golf R
Fell in love with one of these today at the car show in NEC! Looks amazing. What's it like to live with? Not taking into question the £8500 quote lol
It's a fantastic car to drive, you don't have to wring its neck to go fast!

Only downfalls, apart from the repair bills, are the road tax rate at £515 a year and it's thirst, but then again you don't by a car like this for economy!:p

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
£8500!!! What the hell are they quoting you for Tom?!

Oil cooler pipes were never done during my ownership, so if they still haven't been done im guessing that is part of it?

cbr600

RMS Regular
OP
cbr600
Drives
Golf R
£8500!!! What the hell are they quoting you for Tom?!

Oil cooler pipes were never done during my ownership, so if they still haven't been done im guessing that is part of it?
They were quoting me for 2 x front caliper, bleed nipples seized, oil cooler pipes and radiator, d/s/f shock and all the DRC pipes, p/s/f lower suspension arm, all the flexi brake pipes and a number of under trays and heat shields!

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
Drives
205 gti
It's a fantastic car to drive, you don't have to wring its neck to go fast!

Only downfalls, apart from the repair bills, are the road tax rate at £515 a year and it's thirst, but then again you don't by a car like this for economy!:p
I've a 330i Averaging 23-27mpg lol so it's thirsty. Road tax is steep on it to. As said you don't buy something like that for cheap tax or fuel economy lol looks class anyway!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Very nice @cbr600

Are you still doing the VAGCOM stuff? Looking to get a couple of things enabled on mine current car.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
As i recently sold my A8 I might be in the market for one of these in the new year i was looking at Golf R`s but the better half would be prefer an estate as it would make for a better family car..would these be able to cope with 2x baby seats and a booster seat as I have 2x girls now and my missus is expecting again.

cbr600

RMS Regular
OP
cbr600
Drives
Golf R
As i recently sold my A8 I might be in the market for one of these in the new year i was looking at Golf R`s but the better half would be prefer an estate as it would make for a better family car..would these be able to cope with 2x baby seats and a booster seat as I have 2x girls now and my missus is expecting again.
Yeah, you should be able to fit the baby seats and a booster in the back!

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
I remember reading somewhere that to run one of these is akin to running a Porsche 911

Seems true so far!

tim

RMS Regular
A4's are tiny in the back seats. Expect toddlers to kick the **** out of the back of the seats

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@tim that is my only fear but my girls are well behaved and they know if they kick seats i break legs lol. My missus is heart sat on an RS4 and im all for it as its not everyday these women agree on cars.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
A4's are tiny in the back seats. Expect toddlers to kick the **** out of the back of the seats
Especially with those wing backs. I mind @gav525 's one , space was comical behind the front seats. He'd be better getting a rs6 just to be safe.

Reactions: tim

tim

RMS Regular
Just bring the car seats/kids with you for test drive and trial fit them. You may be grand. I've a B7 Avant myself and the back seats are notoriously small, almost unless for adults.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Id love an RS6 but there abit out of my price range at the minute. Anyknow of any RS4`s locally for sale?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.