Ballykelly Airfield Half Mile - Derry July 2nd 2022

c_rad

RMS Regular
Quarter - half mile is great for the big CC super cars whereas my car is great for the QM

I did the half last year and crossed at around 155mph so don't see there being any change unless there is a huge tail wind lol

I still have just under 2 weeks to decide whether or not to go so will see.

Did you pay the money yet? I thought it had to be paid last week lol

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Did you pay the money yet? I thought it had to be paid last week lol

LOL I guess I am not going then

As far as I know they have no where near the numbers yet plus its 12 days away - don't want to be forking out that amount of money for it to be pishing down

PS my tyres arrived today so at least I am ready for it if I go, just need to swap them over onto my OEM wheels

c_rad

RMS Regular
LOL I guess I am not going then

As far as I know they have no where near the numbers yet plus its 12 days away - don't want to be forking out that amount of money for it to be pishing down

PS my tyres arrived today so at least I am ready for it if I go, just need to swap them over onto my OEM wheels

Ah I maybe should have waited šŸ˜‚ I'll be going regardless, last hurrah for the ISF before it's sold

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
If it was pishing down, the odds would be in my favour but still, you want it to be a decent day - nice and cool, wind in the right direction!

These are the current numbers left (50 per category) - loads of space available and no way they are covering costs with only 34/150 spots filled so far

4BCE2576-BFAA-4F9D-BD10-44038CE2D379.jpeg

c_rad

RMS Regular
Seems odd as it looked to have had quite a lot of interest.

I'll be there anyway, hoping it's dry :joy:

c_rad

RMS Regular
@c_rad how'd you get on?

Looked to be a great day with some unreal speeds - Cat 2 winner (my cat if I went) was a Golf R crossing the half mile at 170mph!!

Went really well, never skipped a beat and got a pile of runs in when the bigger stuff broke or needed a rest :joy:

That Golf R was something else! Definitely close to the 600bhp cut off or more lol

Think my best was 141.23mph

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Went really well, never skipped a beat and got a pile of runs in when the bigger stuff broke or needed a rest :joy:

That Golf R was something else! Definitely close to the 600bhp cut off or more lol

Think my best was 141.23mph

I have asked on Facebook what has been done to it - will be down to what turbo they have used. Heard from a friend that he tuned it himself? Do you know if its a north or southern car?

c_rad

RMS Regular
I have asked on Facebook what has been done to it - will be down to what turbo they have used. Heard from a friend that he tuned it himself? Do you know if its a north or southern car?

I didn't see the reg unfortunately as it was covered by the sticker before lol

There was a northern black TTRS which was also rapid.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
If they didn't cover costs from that I doubt there will be another. Hope not as I am curious to do it at least once once the RB-Z is back. Only way to know, as theres no way I'd ever think about keeping it lit for half a mile on the road, I like not being in jail.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I was listening out for this all day Saturday and heard nothing. I thought Iā€™d have heard the engines you canā€™t miss when the rally sprint events are happening.

c_rad

RMS Regular
I was listening out for this all day Saturday and heard nothing. I thought Iā€™d have heard the engines you canā€™t miss when the rally sprint events are happening.
The wind was quite strong so depending what direction you were from you might not have heard much.

MR2 super GT

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 TTRS
@Boydie I didn't get a look at the Golf R or ask him if he was running WMI but from the pictures you can see it looks like there was only a driver seat in the interior. Has to be 500hp+. Though the recorded speeds are higher than actual speeds. He got 276.2km/h (171.62mph)

The highest I ever seen my speedo showing was 155mph and my fastest by their timing was 269.4km/h (167.39mph) @jonnylaris beat me on his last run with 270km/h (167.77mph). Everyone knows your car speedo will also be reading higher than your actual speed, my Draggy never gave my a 0-150mph time for the day so take these event speeds with a large pinch of salt.

My best 60-130mph was 9.26s, best 100-200km/h was 7.87s, 1/4mile 11.35s@122mph, my DSG tune needs sorted out as my 1st to 2nd gear shift wasn't going right on any of the runs. I think I'm going for a TVS gearbox tune ASAP as not prepared to get the boat back over to MRC for a re-tune. Also the last few runs something might have broke with my rear haldex... I was wheel spinning into 4th gear, Jonny even smoked my from a standing start lol, I did 19 runs in total for the day that included a few of the rolling starts.

It was good to see other members turnout, @stevieturbo @c_rad @jonnylaris if there was others I didn't know who you were or get talking to you.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
@MR2 super GT get it sorted for Enniskillen in September - similar QM times, be good to go head to head!

When in mine, I have the whole interior stripped too

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
@Boydie I didn't get a look at the Golf R or ask him if he was running WMI but from the pictures you can see it looks like there was only a driver seat in the interior. Has to be 500hp+. Though the recorded speeds are higher than actual speeds. He got 276.2km/h (171.62mph)

The highest I ever seen my speedo showing was 155mph and my fastest by their timing was 269.4km/h (167.39mph) @jonnylaris beat me on his last run with 270km/h (167.77mph). Everyone knows your car speedo will also be reading higher than your actual speed, my Draggy never gave my a 0-150mph time for the day so take these event speeds with a large pinch of salt.

My best 60-130mph was 9.26s, best 100-200km/h was 7.87s, 1/4mile 11.35s@122mph, my DSG tune needs sorted out as my 1st to 2nd gear shift wasn't going right on any of the runs. I think I'm going for a TVS gearbox tune ASAP as not prepared to get the boat back over to MRC for a re-tune. Also the last few runs something might have broke with my rear haldex... I was wheel spinning into 4th gear, Jonny even smoked my from a standing start lol, I did 19 runs in total for the day that included a few of the rolling starts.

It was good to see other members turnout, @stevieturbo @c_rad @jonnylaris if there was others I didn't know who you were or get talking to you.

Your car was spinning the front wheels a lot towards the end.

As for speeds, subtract around 12% from their claimed numbers and it'll be pretty close to actual.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Yeah, compared to Runway which was 2.5 times more expensive, I think this day will be much better craic - yeah, a lot more cars but IMO will be more interesting than seeing a supercar in some cases

MR2 super GT

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 TTRS
@MR2 super GT get it sorted for Enniskillen in September - similar QM times, be good to go head to head!

When in mine, I have the whole interior stripped too
I think my rear Haldex oil may have been too hot but thought there would have been a warning on the dash. I tried launching it yesterday and it all seemed to be working as expected. I will have the TVS DSG software in time for Enniskillen.
You have the front passenger seat out as well?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I think my rear Haldex oil may have been too hot but thought there would have been a warning on the dash. I tried launching it yesterday and it all seemed to be working as expected. I will have the TVS DSG software in time for Enniskillen.
You have the front passenger seat out as well?

Yeah - everything out except dash board, door cards and boot card

Now looking at light weight wheels - its never ending :joy:

If I get close to 10s I will be looking to the crowd for someone weighing less than 60kg :joy:

MR2 super GT

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 TTRS
Yeah - everything out except dash board, door cards and boot card

Now looking at light weight wheels - its never ending :joy:

If I get close to 10s I will be looking to the crowd for someone weighing less than 60kg :joy:
Oh aye, I knew I forgot what I meant to ask, does the airbag light not come on in the dash when you take the passenger seat out?
When putting back in do you need to clear the error code to turn out the airbag light?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Oh aye, I knew I forgot what I meant to ask, does the airbag light not come on in the dash when you take the passenger seat out?
When putting back in do you need to clear the error code to turn out the airbag light?

Yes it does - I have OBD11 so just reset it when I put the seat back in after the day