Balmoral show

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
£18 and another £7 for parking. Absolutely mental!

The charge for parking at the Maze really annoys me more than the price in. Parking should be free - it's not as if there is a shortage of spaces, or you can park there and head off somewhere else!

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
I haven't paid for parking since it moved to the Maze...
I must have one of those faces lol

I'm lead to believe that the owners of the car parking area are not affiliated with the Balmoral show, so they stick the arm in when it comes to car park charging.

Although come to think of it, DubShed was free parking.....

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Right,

realistically, how long will it take me to get into the show on Friday at around 1pm ?

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Not that I will be going or have any interest in the show but that location really does not have an adequate road network for a sizeable show. The residents in the houses opposite must be going nuts !

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Not that I will be going or have any interest in the show but that location really does not have an adequate road network for a sizeable show. The residents in the houses opposite must be going nuts !

Totally agree Chris, it's on my journey home and I took a detour on normally quiet back roads and it was crazy. People even seemed to be parked up and away to the show. On my way from Moira this morning it took me nearly 30mins to do not even one mile.

EP82JM

RMS Regular

Theyve tried to buy surrounding fields in order to build a carraigeway from sprucefield directly to the compound but noone will sell. That was when there was ideas of football stadiums etc, im sure the Balmoral show alone wouldnt warrant it

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Heading on Thursday afternoon.

Wish I could win tickets! :worried:

May take a jaunt to it on Thursday myself!

Gimme a shout if you do. I'm on daddy day care duties.

I'm fairly sure some guy from down south wanted to build a race track and proper venue with access to the motorway there but it was ruled out as well :worried:
I see there is talk of one around coalisland being built now, no doubt it will be shut down as well.

Tyrone Courier - News - Racing circuit plan for Tyrone Brickyard site

There was plans and money in place all ready to go with Canadian backing. But as per normal the political bull**** in this country stalled everything to the point they pulled out.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Im heading for about 1.30/2.

Though if you're hoping to make it before 5 you may leave now @PeteMoore . Mrs Lyons is just off the phone to say traffic is backed up right through Hillsborough to that junction with the bad potholes. Its taken her 25 minutes to get from it to Downshire Primary.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I haven't paid for parking since it moved to the Maze...
I must have one of those faces lol

Aye the last 2 years we didn't go right up to where the people were, but pulled off early and parked closer to the road.

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Come past the down Royal and turn into the bog road beside Crawford cars. There's a public entrance on the bog road.

Samba

RMS Regular
Drives
Samba rallye
Right,

realistically, how long will it take me to get into the show on Friday at around 1pm ?
Not long I've been the last 2 years around that time and it only took about 20 minutes from getting off the motorway.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Not long I've been the last 2 years around that time and it only took about 20 minutes from getting off the motorway.

Lol you want to see it now then. The full blaris road is just traffic,right back through sprucefield. Id say theres at least 1.5/2 hours of queuing from that direction.

Samba

RMS Regular
Drives
Samba rallye
Lol you want to see it now then. The full blaris road is just traffic,right back through sprucefield. Id say theres at least 1.5/2 hours of queuing from that direction.
I was working their at 2am this morning and not a car to be seen lol

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Im heading for about 1.30/2.

Though if you're hoping to make it before 5 you may leave now @PeteMoore . Mrs Lyons is just off the phone to say traffic is backed up right through Hillsborough to that junction with the bad potholes. Its taken her 25 minutes to get from it to Downshire Primary.

Traffic was back passed the Hillsborough roundabout. So turned down Moira Rd, Trench Rd then Aghnatrisk Rd.
Was in and parked up in 15 mins or so.

I've little to no interest in most stuff on display, but Jesus there's some amount of stuff on show. Lost my bearings a few times, saw @lightning and after 3 hours I was done pushing the buggy, so went home.

Seriously disappointed that despite the dress code there was a shortage of twincams parked up outside.

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Pretty horrendous. Far too much crap at it, there's more misc stuff then actual machinery and animals.

Apparently first thing is the time to go to best most of the traffic.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Pretty horrendous. Far too much crap at it, there's more misc stuff then actual machinery and animals.

Apparently first thing is the time to go to best most of the traffic.

Traffic wasn't that bad this morning as I head past it to work. I was actually surprised but blaris road was mental.

Gaz168

RMS Regular
Only went because I got free tickets today other wise I wouldn't pay that money for this "same **** different year show" traffic on way up want too bad but end up got stuck in the carpark for 1 and a half hour getting out!

Highlights of the show getting up close to this two beauty
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

chapletown

RMS Regular
Drives
G20 M340i X
Am heading in the morning think we'll just get the train up save any messing about with traffic / parking

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
I guess they haven't sorted out the traffic in the car park after last years nightmare then. This will be the first year I haven't gone since being little, because I don't want to have to face that car park at closing again

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
Was there today with the wife and youngster. Drove in no problem at about 10:30am and got out at 6pm with no queuing or waiting. Rather than follow the signposts I went through Culcavy, off the Hillsborough dual carriageway and past Lisburn Golf Club. Parked near the exit. On the way back out there were cars stuck trying to get out in lines. I cut onto the bus lane at the entrance and got wagged out by the police! Back the same way I went in and just joined the M1 and straight home.

As said before, a lot of random stuff and not all stuff id be interested in but cracking weather and a decent day out

Wayne D

RMS Regular
Drives
Family Wagon
Anyone get caught up in the traffic leaving the show grounds?? We got stuck badly with the traffic leaving, jumped into the car to leave the show at 5.20pm and it was 7.15pm before we exited the car park onto the main road. I don't know why it was so bad, but it was awful... Only we needed to get home, I would have got out and went back into the show.