Bavarian, Country Garage and Prentice BMW contacts please

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Always wondered how commission works for a salesperson. Is it a fixed amount or a percentage of profit or some other measure.

It's honestly very complicated, I've been in the industry for a few years and still not 100% how they work it out! šŸ˜‚

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Is it nosey to ask what kind of figure you can expect per sale or what would be an average amount.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Is it nosey to ask what kind of figure you can expect per sale or what would be an average amount.

Minimum Ā£25 and we're capped at max of Ā£300.

Average probably Ā£100 - Ā£150, depending on new/used, chassis profit, finance, GAP, paint, target bonus, etc etc

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Just realised I didn't update this thread

Order placed with JKC for a new M135i arriving mid November hopefully.
How did you rate your experience with JKC? Would you highly recommend them?

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Minimum Ā£25 and we're capped at max of Ā£300.

Average probably Ā£100 - Ā£150, depending on new/used, chassis profit, finance, GAP, paint, target bonus, etc etc
I've also wondered this to. So another question aay you worked in bmw or audi how many cars are you expected to sell per week or month?

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Depends on the dealership, 15-20 a month is probably average.
This is really interesting given that many of us must visit dealerships often enough for whatever reason. Realistically, how often are you allowed to dip below your quota before youā€™ve ā€œa meeting without coffeeā€ and what happens in a case like that? Shadow someone else, etc?

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
So am I right in thinking if there is bonus of nearly 300 pound per car and ur expected to sell 20 car you can make 6000 in bonuses

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
So am I right in thinking if there is bonus of nearly 300 pound per car and ur expected to sell 20 car you can make 6000 in bonuses

No, we're capped at max of Ā£300, I said average is Ā£100-150. Then there will be the odd car sold at a loss in terms of chassis profit and maybe 'cash no products' so only get Ā£25.

So average month - 16 cars @ say Ā£125 = Ā£2000

But don't get me wrong, the potential is there (how achievable it actually is is another thing) and I guess thats what keeps a lot of guys in the industry. Because trust me, otherwise most wouldn't be doing it.

Last edited:

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
This is really interesting given that many of us must visit dealerships often enough for whatever reason. Realistically, how often are you allowed to dip below your quota before youā€™ve ā€œa meeting without coffeeā€ and what happens in a case like that? Shadow someone else, etc?

Don't know. And don't intend to find out! šŸ˜‚

Kind of sorts itself out really though because if you're not selling then your not getting paid. By time you're taxed, car, fuel etc you would only be bringing home a few Ā£Ā£Ā£ so you wouldn't be staying too long!lol Especially when you still have to work the same 6 days a week, late nights, Saturdays, etc

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Still a good whack if you are getting a salary as well but. Iā€™m sure can be pressure on as well

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
How did you rate your experience with JKC? Would you highly recommend them?

Yes I got on well with them. Dealt with Richard. Their first price was pretty good and with a bit more encouragement they got to where I wanted. We were to get the car overnight to try but that proved tricky as the car was busy with being the brand new model. Had a good long accompanied test drive which was enough to convince me to go for it. They have been quick to respond to any questions and getting the paperwork all in place. Offered to lend me a car if the new one doesn't turn up when I need it which is helpful.

They are my local dealer so I was hoping to buy from them for convenience but had the price not been right I would have gone elsewhere. Things moved very quickly from dropping in on the launch day to see the M135i to ordering one a week later but to be honest it was already on my radar as a GTI replacement so I was waiting to see and drive. Roll on mid November.

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Going to get a price on a new 3 series, but checking to see who is the best contact in David Prentice and Country Garage? Anyone got any good sales contacts?

KevM

RMS Regular
Still a good whack if you are getting a salary as well but. Iā€™m sure can be pressure on as well

Salary is probably below minimum wage and the tax-man loves the fact that the guys have a company car. Its a "1 for you, 2 for me" kinda arrangement lol

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Going to get a price on a new 3 series, but checking to see who is the best contact in David Prentice and Country Garage? Anyone got any good sales contacts?
I have used Ryan Whyte in JKC and Jim McIlwaine in Country Garage. I found both excellent to deal with.

If its a new car, it would also be worth speaking to TRL Deals on Instagram.

When I was buying my F31 new, I had a quote from Coast2Coast cars that JKC pretty much matched.

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Have you tried JKC? Richard is a good guy in there.
I have toyed with the idea, but JKC are the furthest away from me. I suppose they are worth a try. Do you know his second name?

e320mark

RMS Regular
I have been round them all! Wouldnā€™t go near Bavarian, after sales is just awful! Prentice were very good, country garage in my experience always seem to be a bit more expensive.
My current car is from JKC, Richard Kernohan is who I dealt with, real nice guy.
After sales is great, much more personal than Bavarian!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I have been round them all! Wouldnā€™t go near Bavarian, after sales is just awful! Prentice were very good, country garage in my experience always seem to be a bit more expensive.
My current car is from JKC, Richard Kernohan is who I dealt with, real nice guy.
After sales is great, much more personal than Bavarian!
I'd also say without doubt that JKC is the best aftersales service I have had with a dealer.