Bavarian Scrap

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
An Atlantis E36 is hard to beat in terms of peak BMW imo.

IMG_2805.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
In fairness it's not as bad as the M3/M4.

This one has gone more like something nineties and Japanese, with bulges and vents and wings galore. Which isn't actually a bad thing as such, lol, just maybe unexpected from BMW in 2023 😇

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Wut?! It’s a million times worse. At least the M3 is just the grill.

I've seen a few M3s about and tbh, they're growing on me. Both M3 and M2 look better without all the stuck on optional rubbish (canards, sideskirt extensions etc).

Reece Kirk

RMS Member
Drives
M240i Auto
I've seen a few M3s about and tbh, they're growing on me. Both M3 and M2 look better without all the stuck on optional rubbish (canards, sideskirt extensions etc).
I always liked them, they're not as elegant or beautiful as the F80s but they look a whole lot more aggressive and that seems to be the general direction manufacturers are going in terms of design...

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I always liked them, they're not as elegant or beautiful as the F80s but they look a whole lot more aggressive and that seems to be the general direction manufacturers are going in terms of design...
Yea, tbh BMW m car design peaked at the E46 M3 imo. After that it went downhill, and that's without getting into how the last decent sounding M3 was the e92 😬

Reece Kirk

RMS Member
Drives
M240i Auto
Yea, tbh BMW m car design peaked at the E46 M3 imo. After that it went downhill, and that's without getting into how the last decent sounding M3 was the e92 😬
That's the common opinion it seems, but like I have to ask whens the last time you seen any 'boxy' car design by any manufacturer?... time's moved on, the only reason Porsche were able to keep their general design was it's flawless aero from the first generation onwards

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
That's the common opinion it seems, but like I have to ask whens the last time you seen any 'boxy' car design by any manufacturer?... time's moved on, the only reason Porsche were able to keep their general design was it's flawless aero from the first generation onwards
The new ones are pretty boxy tbh, just with additional random lines 😂

The current M5 has thankfully avoided the tacky design features for the most part.

New ones look fine, including the front grills.
It’s the old cult hanging on to nostalgia.
Old cult hanging onto nostalgia or people with functioning eyes?

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
They look good to plenty of people and sales figures back that up.
Also quite a few people (even seen a few on this forum) who hated it before and now saying 'I kind of like the front grill now'.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
The F series M cars were visually some of the absolute best IMO. The G series is a design trainwreck, M5 aside.