best chamois

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
rite i recently bought a meguires lambskin boyo outta halfords for about 17 odd quid and i swear its utter tripe!

says on the back to soak b4 use so i did that n set about my car and it just made a mess - tried it again the next time i washed it n the same thing - didnt really pick up the water - is there somethin im doing wrong?

what do u guys use - i think i preferred takin the car a quick drive to dry it then taking a towel to it

focus_rs_jonny

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
a japanese one called a knebo wipe.got it about 3 years ago in ards and its really good.gets used all the time as well.cost about £30

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Any kind of waffle weave microfibre towel. I got one from the States as part of a group buy on e30zone, they're unbelievably better than an chamois! I can dry my whole car with it and not wring in out once. And they're much kinder to your paint.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I use a real leather one, its the only one I've tried that actually dries the paint.. any synthetic ones (including water magnet) I've used have left loads of small beads of water and never completely dry the paint.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
dont rate the meguirs towel at all, by far best i've found has been the auto glym item!!

brendy

RMS Regular
im with scrob normal genuine leather works best, they dont stay in great condition long, maybe a few months until they start having to be totally soaked before they work properly, but then i dont keep them in a damp bag etc. just go out and buy a new one then.

Taz007

RMS Regular
OP
Taz007
Drives
E92
yeah heard the autoglym one was good - must get one and try some other - cheers

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Have both auto glym chamois and meguirs water magnet

Chamois is prob better but 1/3 of the size so both are equally effective

Get plenty of wax on the car and the water will run off itself :p

-Pete-

RMS Regular
megs waffle weave is excellent, dries the whole car without needing to ring it out once, if your having difficulty with it then you mustnt be doing it right (which is hard to do!)

Ruth

RMS Regular
megs water magnet is great, but im quite liking my poorboys waffle weave towel at the moment, ive used a chamois for years and now id never go back... use an open ended hose to give the car a final rinse so it sheets the water off, therefore you have less water to mop up

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
p 5ary said:
the autoglym chamois is fantastic

I used to think that too but now since i got my microfibre drying towel from autopia the autoglym chamois has been demoted to alloy drying and sill drying :worried:

the drying towel is awesome! - dry the car in half the time and dont have to squeeze it out as much as the chamois

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
I have a Halfords PVC Chamios, kept in one of those little white tubes... XL one costs all of 6 quid... and it a dammed good size, its self cleaning and leaves the car dry and looking lovely!

Tho it does take alot of ringing out, id closely rate the Autoglym Leather chamois after this.

Havent tried the water magnet yet, and ive never seen it used. Looks like a tea towel to me.

Marc

RMS Moderator
i bought a water magnet, and dont get on with it at all... find my syn chamois is much better

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Autoglym micro fibre cloth (blue) is the job... and only costs a fraction of what all you guys are paying! Hard to find though.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
The blue autoglym cloth is for sale in autoparts stores in ards shopping centre, but the best chamois is deffo the autoglym one its the mutts nutts!

tim

RMS Regular
wouldnt use anything but my poorboys waffleweave towel, and i mean its a towel! its huge.

I dry the car with a the waffleweave in one hand and a poorboys microfibre in the other.

Wipe with the MF to pick up the most of it.
And then use the Waffleweave to pick up the excess.

You could just use the WW by itself but I find that its so absorbate (spl) that it'll soak up so much water to the point were you end up just pushing water about like with a chamois.

Leaves a bead free dry perfect finish everytime.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.