best chamois

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Marc

RMS Moderator
thats the one i use vileda flunky.. good man baz c

and i find as it gets older the better it is

Siilver

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Polo
i liek the megs water magnet
well good

but you set iy on the car dont rub it

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
I've got a tea towel kind of thing bought once at the motor show, the guy demonstrating it was able to do miricles with it but sadly it didn't live up to its show. It's used for taking the rough off the roof and bonnet then the leather chamois is used for finishing and sides.

Taz007

RMS Regular
OP
Taz007
Drives
E92
went to halfords yesterday and got a water magnet - couldnt see the autoglym one anywhere so ill try this n see

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
Ive a few Vileda Flunky cloths and theyre brilliant! And yeah they work even better as they get older! Keep them damp and store them in a plastic container! And try to soak them in warm water before using them...they work better when theyre warm!

Forest

RMS Regular
Drives
Import scooby wr
might sound odd but i use a leaf blower then an autoglym chamois, but at the car wash its just the autoglym!!!!

Ruth

RMS Regular
Forest said:
might sound odd but i use a leaf blower then an autoglym chamois, but at the car wash its just the autoglym!!!!

have heard of this before - you sad sad man :p lol

G412ETH

RMS Regular
Drives
dc2
i use the megs towel its masive lol dosnt really work the best for me:confounded:

ps do u lot wash these often the towel??

Vileda Flunky were can these be found??

Krisclio ( SQD )

RMS Trader
Drives
Megane dci130
the leather ones are definately the best. lift all the water. i find the synthetic ones and the towels leave a lot behind which is a pain!!! lol

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
ok so its not a chamios, but im telling you THE best thing to use is a JML microfibre hand mit. i got mine in debenhams for £4.99 and i can get the car completely dry ready for polishing in around 4 minutes. its just sensational and just be both washed and wrung out while using it. its just class

_msm_070-web.jpg

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
a mate of mine bought the above. use it for the inside of windows + dash etc.

i just got 2 poorboys Waffel Weave Drying Towels through the door today (one for panels, one for sills , alloys etc)

used to using a autoglym iirc sqeegie (sp) .... and a autoglym synth chamious ........ wonder how the poorboys will compare ?

£12 for 2... 12" x 24" ...thought was very good price

Moddie

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2 golf
djlee_dj said:
used to using a autoglym iirc sqeegie

oh dear! those things are deadly. sooo easy to scrape the paint with em. i use a poorboys waffle weave, brilliant if the cars not too wet

tim

RMS Regular
Moddie said:
oh dear! those things are deadly. sooo easy to scrape the paint with em. i use a poorboys waffle weave, brilliant if the cars not too wet
tim said:
wouldnt use anything but my poorboys waffleweave towel, and i mean its a towel! its huge.

I dry the car with a the waffleweave in one hand and a poorboys microfibre in the other.

Wipe with the MF to pick up the most of it.
And then use the Waffleweave to pick up the excess.

You could just use the WW by itself but I find that its so absorbate (spl) that it'll soak up so much water to the point were you end up just pushing water about like with a chamois.

Leaves a bead free dry perfect finish everytime.
there's your solution then ;)

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Also helps to spray a wee bit of quick detailer of some sort over it before drying. Helps get rid of water quicker, and acts as a lubricant for the towel. (y)

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
water magnet is good enough on my paintwork but smears on glass, i use one of the hydrablades on the glass

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
used my poorboys WWDT today ... went alright .... one (12x24") done my whole car .... il use one for main car paintwork , and one for arches/wheels/inside of doors etc

or one to throw most of water off , and the other to dry completly

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.