Best Garage Floor Paint

AndyG

RMS Regular
Anyone who has used Leyland garage floor paint..

I put a coat down yesterday and going to do a second later today after the 16-24 hours. How long should I wait before I can put the car bike etc back in?

It does say 7 days to fully cure, just hoping I can load the garage back up sooner!

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
i bought the same paint was going to have a crack at it later this week and see what happens :/

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Think I have used it before. I’m sure I left it a few days before putting stuff on it again. I’d say leave it as long as you can up to the 7 days

belfastchris

RMS Regular
Drives
E61msport
going to get some of the leyland paint from screwfix myself, did you prep the floor with anything first? Ours is a cement screed finish and gets very dusty. I’ve that much stuff in my garage I think I’ll have to do it in halves over a period of time..

I put a coat down yesterday and going to do a second later today after the 16-24 hours. How long should I wait before I can put the car bike etc back in?

It does say 7 days to fully cure, just hoping I can load the garage back up sooner!

AndyG

RMS Regular
I didn't prep it although I probably should have. Just clean ed it and vaccine it thoroughly so there was no dust

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes

Just used this on my garage, it was touch dry after 14-16 hours, enough to walk on but easily damaged (easily touched in tho)
I left it the week to cure before using the garage

Robin_Hood

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender
I was also thinking of buying some of the Leyland paint this coming week.
Would also have to do in two half’s.

My floor was PVA’d a few years ago to keep the dust down, Will this affect this paint?

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
I was also thinking of buying some of the Leyland paint this coming week.
Would also have to do in two half’s.

My floor was PVA’d a few years ago to keep the dust down, Will this affect this paint?

on the screwfix leyland responded to this very question and they say that the PVA needs removed

eamon343

RMS Regular
I put pva on my floor before painting and the paint hasnt lifted in over a year. Just moved the car out for the first time in nearly a year and the floor was grand

AndyG

RMS Regular
Luck of the draw, I've seen people just paint straight over dust etc and it's been fine, I plan to put mats down for the car and bike so will help it last

Duke

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf Gt
on the screwfix leyland responded to this very question and they say that the PVA needs removed
That was Johnstone’s flortred paint, floor powerhosed and brushed, first coat had 10% white spirits, second coat neat as advised by the paint shop. First coat took over a day to dry

Attachments

• 4BB754EF-B99F-443E-B293-6F000A76E524.jpeg
    4BB754EF-B99F-443E-B293-6F000A76E524.jpeg
    382.4 KB · Views: 110

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
well, i bought concrete sealer for mine before painting but Leyland seem pretty clear in that just clean the floor well (remove stains/contaminants etc) then put a thin coat down first (diluted 10-20% white spirits). Let it dry and then 2 more neat coats after 18 to 24 hr when each is dry. that's what i plan on doing later this week. No cars will be in there so just foot traffic so we'll see.

belfastchris

RMS Regular
Drives
E61msport
Well howd you get on? Did you put on without the sealer in the end? What was dry time like?

I cant seem to get leyland floor paint on screwfix anywhere.

well, i bought concrete sealer for mine before painting but Leyland seem pretty clear in that just clean the floor well (remove stains/contaminants etc) then put a thin coat down first (diluted 10-20% white spirits). Let it dry and then 2 more neat coats after 18 to 24 hr when each is dry. that's what i plan on doing later this week. No cars will be in there so just foot traffic so we'll see.

hillbilly

RMS Regular
+1 for Johnstone's flortred. I had it down for 8 years in my last garage and it never lifted, even with a classic car leaking its fluids onto it. You can use it indoors or out and on wood as well. You can get it tinted any colour too.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Finally getting to the end of the to do list at home.

Can anyone recommend anywhere around Belfast to get the Everbuild floor sealant mentioned above?

Or something similar?

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Finally getting to the end of the to do list at home.

Can anyone recommend anywhere around Belfast to get the Everbuild floor sealant mentioned above?

Or something similar?
You would be handier going to larsen on West Bank road trade counter and buying their stuff same quality and I think it’s a brave bit cheaper, if you want me to pm you a reps number I can?

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
You would be handier going to larsen on West Bank road trade counter and buying their stuff same quality and I think it’s a brave bit cheaper, if you want me to pm you a reps number I can?

Can i not just rock down to the counter if they are open to the public? Will be passing there in an hour or two.

belfastchris

RMS Regular
Drives
E61msport
is this the stuff? can public call and purchase? any ideas if it can be painted after? or best left unpainted?

Can i not just rock down to the counter if they are open to the public? Will be passing there in an hour or two.
let me know how you get on?

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
is this the stuff? can public call and purchase? any ideas if it can be painted after? or best left unpainted?

let me know how you get on?

They are only taking orders over £50 for collection, they are to call me back with a price. Will update later.