Best place to take catalytic converter?

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Thread revival...lol

Clearing out the shed and found the cat off my fto from years ago...had a good look all over and can’t find any stamps or markings. Does look oem but the car came in from the land of the rising sun with an apexi cat back so not sure.

Anyone any ideas? I message the guy Robbie and heard nothing back.

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
@Nicky Glanza

I had seen on Facebook people saying MMR in Mallusk were best at the minute. I’ve no idea when I can’t even find a code to start with lol

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Phoned Seaforde Scrap Metals about mine last week there, he said between 4 and 40 quid. I asked, for a cat lol? Yep, don't need a code, we just look at them 🙄🤔

Clearways took the code, looked inside and 220 quid for each one. Easy.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Is a VW TDi cat worth anything?

I was told that some Honda petrol cats are worth up to £6/700 - must be worth something as sister in law got one stolen from her Civic.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
I got £22 for a megane DCI front cat from T Met.
I assume the petrol cats are worth way more?

EDIT; If thats the price scrap men are willing to pay I wonder how much the actual precious metals sell for?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Have two from the rs6 soon too be 4. Wonder if they're worth a few pounds 🤔

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Any updates on the rs6?

Should have it back start of may. Booked in to have the exhaust fitted and map done end of April. Which gives plenty of time for the polybushes to be finished off and everything checked over.

He's been busy so I don't like pestering for pics, but I'll be getting plenty of him when I can to update the thread 👌

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Is a VW TDi cat worth anything?

I was told that some Honda petrol cats are worth up to £6/700 - must be worth something as sister in law got one stolen from her Civic.

I hope not cause i gutted my VW one lol

#cheapdecat

DJMCA

RMS Regular
I've a strong feeling if its a gen VW Cat it'll be worth a good few pound :eek:

Offs. I seem to recall it being a TPS replacement so prob only worth a tenner lol. To late now anyway, the extra 0.00003% power increase was worth it :joy: