Biker friends???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

genman

G
Well yano if your ever in need of a rider for the other lol
Where abouts you from? Do you guys here tend to meet up?
me ..i'm from newtownabbey....having the 2nd bike is just because i can and always handy having a spare.
The old nibikers used to do random ride outs but they more or less died away a year or 2 ago as some had chosen to either focus on trackdays or put the bike money into a house etc.
I'm sure with some fresh blood meet ups could become more frequent.
I've been on the old forum a good few years and barely met a dozen or so members of it more than once...wouldn't mind meeting more myself.

Jennap

RMS Member
OP
Jennap
Just right! Once upon a time i had cars and bikes and horses because i could. Im very much of the camp if you can why the heck not.
Im new here and as of yet dont have a bike but one thing i do have is time sooooo if setting up events would seem like something ones would be interested in tell me what to do and i'll do it! I could maybe dig deep and unearth a few ladies, even things out abit lol

Jennap

RMS Member
OP
Jennap
Would be nice to get something up and running. If there'd be interest ☺

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
I dont have the balls to have a bike, and if I did I wouldn't have for that long as they'd probably get ripped when I bale through the hedge on my first ride.

You sound like a mate of mine. He watches MotoGP and WSB and follows what's happening with the latest road bikes but is s*** scared of throwing his leg over one. I tried talking him into doing his test and getting a 125 but his response was 'I don't fancy crashing'. Well f*** me but I've yet to meet a rider who does like crashing. The whole point of it is not to crash and if you have that fear then you are just like 99% of riders. Just grow a pair, do your test and thank me for it later ;).

Dave..

RMS Regular
All this talk about bikes has me looking at some projects. I passed my test when all you had to do was drive up and down a few streets and answer 2 or 3 highway code questions.
I rode bikes every day for 10+ years, in sun and snow :grinning: .

genman

G
You sound like a mate of mine. He watches MotoGP and WSB and follows what's happening with the latest road bikes but is s*** scared of throwing his leg over one. I tried talking him into doing his test and getting a 125 but his response was 'I don't fancy crashing'. Well f*** me but I've yet to meet a rider who does like crashing. The whole point of it is not to crash and if you have that fear then you are just like 99% of riders. Just grow a pair, do your test and thank me for it later ;).
I reckon anyone who can feel at ease riding a push bike in traffic etc and drive a car with a decent level of confidence and awareness has a good chance of being capable of riding a motorbike.
Many non bikers just think all bikes are like superbikes and are scary death machines...like most things you start small and move up a level when you feel ready.
Realistically a 250cc bike is all you need speed wise but then again look at cars etc. .who really needs a Ferrari.

Jennap

RMS Member
OP
Jennap
Very true, and plus even if you do have a big bike you dont have to open the throttle the full way. Go at ur own pace and alls good

Jennap

RMS Member
OP
Jennap
Ive never been out in a big group but i just find my place and stick there lol

genman

G
Harder to do in a group, thats why I was always tail end Charlie,....:scream:
Not the only one...I usually sat back as the slowest or with the slower / newer riders.
The odd time I'd go mid group but it was rare and wasn't as relaxing.
Slowest / least performance bike I've had in the last 7 or so yrs was a 1250 Bandit so I don't exactly use the potential of any bike I've ever owned and doubt id ever have the ability to.....I just like 1000cc+ lazy performance or the deeper engine note plus come pillion time there's no real lose in the bikes abilities.

Jennap

RMS Member
OP
Jennap
Not the only one...I usually sat back as the slowest or with the slower / newer riders.
Slowest / least performance bike I've had in the last 7 or so yrs was a 1250 Bandit so I don't exactly use the potential of any bike I've ever owned and doubt id ever have the ability to.....I just like 1000cc+ lazy performance or the deeper engine note plus come pillion time there's no real lose in the bikes abilities.
Did someone say pillion :cool:

Last edited:

geraldo-46

RMS Regular
Drives
Gsxr1000

The last run down south. You were horsing on rightly terry do ya not remember passing me then near putting it through a hedge lol mad hure

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
I met some clowns from the old Nibikers site who turned out to be some if the best mates I have.

I took a year out last year but just bought myself something for this year...I couldn't stand to be without a bike anymore missed the buzz too much but more than that I missed the craic and banter with the mates!

It's gonna be a cracker year, let the madness begin lol

genman

G
The last run down south. You were horsing on rightly terry do ya not remember passing me then near putting it through a hedge lol mad hure
yip ... completely misread the road and outbraked myself for what i initially thought was a gentle left turned out to be be a slow tight left...there was more brown stuff in my pants the rest of the day than the cows had in the field.
Rest of the day i was well down on the pace...the end of that day was interesting .... sitting on a roundabout chatting to PSNI about why a rider was in need of an ambulance after being caught out by gravel on the approach whilst everyone else rode on.

genman

G
I met some clowns from the old Nibikers site who turned out to be some if the best mates I have.

I took a year out last year but just bought myself something for this year...I couldn't stand to be without a bike anymore missed the buzz too much but more than that I missed the craic and banter with the mates!

It's gonna be a cracker year, let the madness begin lol
be honest...you missed the wheelies

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
Hi Jenna

If you ever get sorted with a bike you could do a lot worse than join up with The Rat Club

Started off as a Triumph owners club but any make/model is welcome now

Plenty of female bikers in their ranks too!

You will find that a lot of bikers on this forum claiming to be social are actually lone-wolf weirdos! ;)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.