Blackheath to close 31st May

Chris100

RMS Regular
That’s disappointing, particularly for the owners.

The one cars and coffee location I really liked.

Probably a bit late to organise now, but a final meet up on Sunday the 26th may have been appropriate.

davyk31

RMS Regular
That’s sad news. I never made it on a Sunday for cars and coffee but went a fair bit on a nice Saturday for a coffee as it’s a lovely setting and only a couple of miles down the road.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I was at the last one. Their food was fantastic, and always a great selection of cars and great atmosphere. Gutted for them.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
It’s sad to see it closing, always a nice Sunday meet up!

They have mentioned on their Instagram comments that they will be running the cars & coffee in June (2nd) - for what is I assume the last time!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Such a shame to see it stopping, was a great venue!

Let's make June the 2nd a big one for them, I'll definitely be up 👍🏻
May even do another sunrise blast up the coast, though sun rises a bit too early this time of year so maybe just an early morning run up (hangover dependant)

davyk31

RMS Regular
Maybe they will keep the cars and coffee events as the family are car enthusiasts. They say in their statement the cafe area will be used for hospitality for the pottery classes and events so maybe it will still operate once a month for the cars and coffee. Depends if they want to keep the cars event or not as even a mobile coffee van at the venue would work.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR A4 Avant
Such a shame to see it stopping, was a great venue!

Let's make June the 2nd a big one for them, I'll definitely be up 👍🏻
May even do another sunrise blast up the coast, though sun rises a bit too early this time of year so maybe just an early morning run up (hangover dependant)
Sounds like a plan Gav!! What time and place yea thinking for starting?

Like Boydie, I've never been, but been always fancied a trip up.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Sounds like a plan Gav!! What time and place yea thinking for starting?

Like Boydie, I've never been, but been always fancied a trip up.

I'm not commiting to anything lol. If I'm sober I'll be there, if not I'll go direct, unless weather really bad.

Feel free to organise something though and if I'm OK I'll come for a blast. In the Micra. 👍🏻

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Wife is working so I have the boys. If weather is decent, I will head up to Coleraine the night before, no way I am doing an early start with a 3 and 6 year old :joy:

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR A4 Avant
So, what if the weather is good for Sunday, who's up for an early morning blast from Belfast heading via Mallusk and Larne, then along Antrim coast to Coleraine before heading to Blackheath?

Say 7am meet up the Portside Inn / Harbour Cafe, on Dargan Road and Duncrue Road. We can then set off around 7:30?

Open for times and route to be amended.

If the weather is sh1te, then we just head up as normal from wherever?

Chris100

RMS Regular
That is way too early for me 😀

I was more for an 8am departure from North down area, arriving at Blackheath somewhere between 9:30 and 10.

I was planning on coming home via the coast road.

And to be honest, this would be very much dependent on the weather.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR A4 Avant
Are you not a week early for their Cars and Coffee?
This is for the 2nd June. I'm away this weekend.

That is way too early for me 😀

I was more for an 8am departure from North down area, arriving at Blackheath somewhere between 9:30 and 10.

I was planning on coming home via the coast road.

And to be honest, this would be very much dependent on the weather.
Easy either way. I just fancied the idea of an early start Sunday morning. Nothing to say we can't return via the coast as a group, but it won't be as quiet with the Sunday drivers out en-masse later on.

Chris100

RMS Regular
This is for the 2nd June. I'm away this weekend.

Easy either way. I just fancied the idea of an early start Sunday morning. Nothing to say we can't return via the coast as a group, but it won't be as quiet with the Sunday drivers out en-masse later on.

No worries, leaving time and route will be dictated on whether my wife wants to come or not.

If she does, no way we are leaving before 8am and we would probably stop up north somewhere for lunch before heading all the way back.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
So, what if the weather is good for Sunday, who's up for an early morning blast from Belfast heading via Mallusk and Larne, then along Antrim coast to Coleraine before heading to Blackheath?

Say 7am meet up the Portside Inn / Harbour Cafe, on Dargan Road and Duncrue Road. We can then set off around 7:30?

Open for times and route to be amended.

If the weather is sh1te, then we just head up as normal from wherever?
Wary start up that road be great, should be pretty clear for the most part. Was hectic last Sunday afternoon.

would be another brutal early start for a Sunday but I’d be up for it.

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
42DB0262-B4E6-4263-825A-02405B9AF500.jpeg

This is Blackheah!

Same it’s going….

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR A4 Avant
Wary start up that road be great, should be pretty clear for the most part. Was hectic last Sunday afternoon.

would be another brutal early start for a Sunday but I’d be up for it.
Aye, I'd imagine it will be brutal for you if you're out west, coming east to go west again! ;)

Still, no traffic about that time of the day, so you should get to Belfast in plenty of time!!

We can leave later at about 8am from Belfast if that suits others better, then we can do the Antrim coast to Coleraine then down to Blackheath.