BMW Carly For Coding

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Just to hijack the thread a bit.
Can Carly be used to turn on things like auto door lock? Or is this stuff that's available within the in-car menus already even?

Boksic

RMS Regular
Just to hijack the thread a bit.
Can Carly be used to turn on things like auto door lock? Or is this stuff that's available within the in-car menus already even?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it can, can do remote windows up down etc and lock at x mph so I'm sure it can do most stuff.

I've one of those k+dcan cables in the car and an Enet cable in the cupboard if any of you are Ballymena direction and looking a lend of it, think the Enet cable is for the newer F models maybe, not sure, but the offer is there anyway

Last edited:

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Yeah I'm pretty sure it can, can do remote windows up down etc and lock at x mph so I'm sure it can do most stuff.

I've one of those k+dcan cables in the car and an Enet cable in the cupboard if any of you are Ballymena direction and looking a lend of it, think the Enet cable is for the newer F models maybe, not sure, but the offer is there anyway

Thanks for the response (y)

I downloaded the lite version of the app but it's not for communicating with the generic ELM wifi dongle and I see the proper adapter is £50 or so. I think I'd be more inclined to get the proper cable and laptop software in the future.

As it turns out, auto lock is sitting there in the main menu and it was already enabled - that's the last time I ask a woman as to whether something is already there or not :joy:

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
I've bought both the Carly and Bimmercode apps to play about with but I'm no expert.

Both have pro's and con's.

Untitled

Enzo

RMS Member
Coding Lci rear lights. Which is basically done by turning off the bulb warnings.
It can be done via NCS.

Not exactly, build date of the car needs to be changed, then no error will occur.

Enzo

RMS Member
What did you do OP?
Did you change LM module and both front and back lights and ran all the new necessary wires?

Carly can not do that for you, it does not handle retrofits.

Depending on what you did, I can do it for you for small fee in Craigavon area
Now if you mixed old and new lights this is nearly impossible to code. Just let me know so I can advise accordingly.

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
What did you do OP?
Did you change LM module and both front and back lights and ran all the new necessary wires?

Carly can not do that for you, it does not handle retrofits.

Depending on what you did, I can do it for you for small fee in Craigavon area
Now if you mixed old and new lights this is nearly impossible to code. Just let me know so I can advise accordingly.

Changing Pre LCI taillights to LCI taillights is just a plug and play swap using the wiring adaptor supplied.

Then use Carly to turn off the voltage monitoring.

15 minutes has the light units out, new light units in and coded.

Enzo

RMS Member
Changing Pre LCI taillights to LCI taillights is just a plug and play swap using the wiring adaptor supplied.

Then use Carly to turn off the voltage monitoring.

15 minutes has the light units out, new light units in and coded.

I am afraid you are mistaken. The wiring loom also has 2 wires that need to be run to the LM module in the front of the car. Need to remove back seats too.
It will not work properly if you don't do that.
And NO. turning off voltage monitoring is not the proper way of doing it

Enzo

RMS Member
Well I am talking about e60 for some reason but it seems we are talking about E9x here?
In that case coding takes 2mn indeed. I can still do proper OEM coding without having to turn off monitoring.

e60driver

RMS Regular
Drives
z4 2.5i
lyons I'm in lisburn and have carly . You're free to play away with it at my home if you wish . You press the button though not me :p

e60driver

RMS Regular
Drives
z4 2.5i
oh and I've got the laptop with inpa installed , just not confident with it . As i say you're free to play about at your own risk

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Well I am talking about e60 for some reason but it seems we are talking about E9x here?
In that case coding takes 2mn indeed. I can still do proper OEM coding without having to turn off monitoring.

How do you do it?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
lyons I'm in lisburn and have carly . You're free to play away with it at my home if you wish . You press the button though not me :p

Lol, getting closer! Do you have the full app and gen2 adapter?

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Just to hijack. Is it possible to make the electric folding mirrors auto fold on locking? E90 LCI.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
@Lyons out of interest where did you get the lci rear lights.. seen a set on eBay for 400 including wires no coding needed.. Not sure if genuine

Ended up going for new ones on carparts4less for £291. They were meant to be OE replacements and reports online said they were identical to OEM ones. When mine turned up they actually had OEM stickers on them with th easer number scored out for some reason. The inside ones also had a BMW stamp on them.

A5FB8823-D2D3-4C40-82FB-E88B88F5C5E9.jpeg
0F91FB49-D504-42EE-A4A5-D6778D4D7F48.jpeg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.