BMW e21 323i

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

soupz

RMS Regular
OP
soupz
Drives
Boxster S
Been a while since I’ve updated this. I try to drive it few times a month so getting reasonable bit of use and just working my way through a list of niggles and couple of bigger items. It sailed through MOT last month so that’s it good for another year. Still can’t get used to just how many looks it gets out on the road, and even when at the filling station or just parking up there’s always someone over asking about it.
DSC_0991, 2.jpg

I was never happy with the way the car sat after fitting the H&R 35mm springs, it looked more like 60/20mm! So bought another set of 60mm springs and fitted just the rear, looks a lot better now.
DSC_1080, 2.jpg

DSC_1097, 2.jpg

For some reason the driver’s front wing was quite rusty and really letting the rest of the car down, but didn't realise how bad til I got it off! Managed to track down a new pair at great price and will just keep the other side if ever needed in future. Done a few trial fittings and all necessary trimmings and amendments before sending it to be painted. Seems to be a pretty good colour match. Pleased with the result as I’ve never done anything like that before.
DSC_0230, 2.jpg

DSC_0227, 2.jpg

Dubshed, good show as always, and still can’t believe it won Top 10 Outdoor! It got a quick wash the day before and wasn’t half as well finished as most of the cars there so was very surprised. But don’t think I’ve ever won a car award so was pretty chuffed.
DSC_0257, 2.jpg

Also got one of the new Reload banners for the garage
DSC_0270-01, 2.jpg

Since the front end lowered so much the tyres have been rubbing quite badly on the arch so eventually got them changed last week before the NI BMW run to Country Garage and up the north coast. Couldn’t believe how much smaller they looked dropping just 1 size from 205/50 to 195/50 but after a seriously good run on Saturday with my dad in the car it’s a joy to have no more rubbing. On said run, I definitely blew out a few old cobwebs trying to keep up with the full convoy of M2’s M3’s M4’s etc!
DSC_1198-01, 2.jpg

DSC_1201-01, 2.jpg

soupz

RMS Regular
OP
soupz
Drives
Boxster S
Also managed to source an original showroom brochure and owner's handbook, because I'm a bit sad like that!lol Funny how different the content was back then - the detailed drawings of the internals of the engine, whereas today it's all about streaming spotify....
DSC_0149, 2.jpg

DSC_0152, 2.jpg

DSC_0156, 2.jpg

DSC_0157, 2.jpg

They also had a sense of humour....
DSC_0155, 2.jpg

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Car Beard..... joking lol you know I love it!

Anymore plans for it?

soupz

RMS Regular
OP
soupz
Drives
Boxster S
Car Beard..... joking lol you know I love it!

Anymore plans for it?

Dunno, would like to do full manifold & exhaust system but wouldn't see much change from £2k! Or maybe set of Wilwood brake calipers. TBH I'm considering sticking it up for sale and see what happens, as much as I love it there's plenty more cars I'd like to try!

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Had a look around it at dubshed. It’s an absolute beauty. I’m sure if it goes up for sale it won’t sit long, I’d be tempted for it myself

soupz

RMS Regular
OP
soupz
Drives
Boxster S
Wheels 4 Kris was even bigger this year, they had to close the main carpark after just 45 mins, think people ended up parking in Lidl across the road. Found this nice shot, parked up beside a work colleague's S15.
38531455_2112737888943693_481077822241112064_n, 2.jpg

And thanks to @Reno_LV for this moody shot
38650406_1864518210295138_5059452319133859840_n, 2.jpg

Finally got my Dubshed trophy. Think this is my first car trophy so pretty chuffed. Nice job by ShortShift making something a bit different.
DSC_1378, 2.jpg

I’ve mentioned a few times about putting it up for sale so I recently took the head staggers and fired up an advert, the first guy that came to see it a few days later bought it. Had like 40 enquires from all over UK & Ireland, even a phone call from a guy in Australia!lol

Felt sad to see it go but I want something that I can enjoy driving a bit harder. Considering a few things: Boxster, Z4M, some iteration of an MX5, S2000, mk2 Focus RS, or all paths seem to lead to an E46 M3. Either way, I know it’ll never get half as many looks as this thing did.

Anyway, went for one final drive round some local roads and got a lovely sunny evening for it….
DSC_1315, 2, 2.jpg
DSC_1307, 2, 2.jpg
DSC_1302, 2, 2.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.