bmw e39 v8's

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Wots ur plans for the 540i Lorenzo?

Building this.. with the BMW V8 & 6 Speed Manual..

480469_514871679261_1336665800_n.jpg

photo4.jpg

DSC_1263.jpg

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Lovely!

At some point i will put an M62 manual into an E30 convertible. Thats the dream lol

Yeah my name has an E30 Cab on Air at the moment that he is talking about putting an M62 into..

Aidan316i

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34 525i Spo
My E34 was down at Stewarty's & left in the time Si's Cab was there lol

Aidan316i

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34 525i Spo
lol fiver says my E34 will be there and back and it'll still be there after it goes for winter hibernation

buster

RMS Regular
OP
buster
Drives
mk1 Aud TiTy
Ok guys, I bit the bullet and went for a 535. Maninly because all the 540's Ive seen have been auto. The 535 I got is manual, has full bavarian service history and other than a bit of blistering on the front wing its a peach.(new wing will be ordered this week)
Its a bit grandad spec and the minute but a nice set of wheels and suspension drop will see it looking good. I have already dechromed the windows and I will get some pics up when finished....The v8 is sooooo good

O and driving from Lisburn to Bangor I averaged 32.4 mpg according to the obc..

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I loved my V8 E39, nothing quite like it. I didn't realise the 535i was a V8, always assumed it was a 6 cyl!

buster

RMS Regular
OP
buster
Drives
mk1 Aud TiTy
Yep v8. If I could of got a decent maual 4.4 I would of went for that as apparantly the economy etc is still the same. However I must say Im very happy with the car. Hopefully in a few months I will have it looking the way I want and then I will get some pics up

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
Apparently the auto > manual swaps in the E39 arent difficult at all. Plenty of info on forum.bmw5.co.uk about it

(y)

Aidan316i

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34 525i Spo
Pics Pics Pics!

Check out NI-BMW.co.uk too, few very good sponsors you'll use at some stage too

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Apparently the auto > manual swaps in the E39 arent difficult at all. Plenty of info on forum.bmw5.co.uk about it

(y)

2nd hand boxes are rare and expensive.. chatting £800 for a box then trim, master & slave cylinders etc....

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
All depends on how much you really want a manual box tho isn't it?

For me, I can live an Auto...

buster

RMS Regular
OP
buster
Drives
mk1 Aud TiTy
New
Pics Pics Pics!

Check out NI-BMW.co.uk too, few very good sponsors you'll use at some stage too​

I will get some pics up as soon as I get a new set of wheels. Its a bit grandad looking at the minute

buster

RMS Regular
OP
buster
Drives
mk1 Aud TiTy
Ok wheels picked up today. A set of genuine staggered M Parralels that have just been freshly polished.
Pics up as soon as the weather gets better

buster

RMS Regular
OP
buster
Drives
mk1 Aud TiTy
Yep thats the one. Its a really clean car, apart from a few bubbles on the front wing. I have a new wing on its way as wee speak, the m parralels are on and the windows de chromed. Just need to lower it slightly and get a lip spoiler and that will do it.

Then it will be getting a full service and left side rocker gasket replaced, all easy diy jobs...

Aidan316i

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34 525i Spo
Yep thats the one. Its a really clean car, apart from a few bubbles on the front wing. I have a new wing on its way as wee speak, the m parralels are on and the windows de chromed. Just need to lower it slightly and get a lip spoiler and that will do it.

Then it will be getting a full service and left side rocker gasket replaced, all easy diy jobs...

Try either JKC or Country Garage for bits

Mention NI-BMW and they'll sort you out ;)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.