bmw e39 v8's

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
That one in the link isn't an m sport. I have had a fair few v8 beemer. I prefer an auto in them i must say. 540's are very hard on fuel, my 535 did a comfortable 30mpg all the time. They are considerably slower than a 540 though.

I would also rather have an e34 540. They are fast, look much nicer too IMO.

make sure you see it start from bone cold, if it runs lumpy walk away, your into serious serious work to sort it.

They rock though, I am keeping my eyes peeled for another e34 at the minute.

Also that one in the link is over priced, I had a top spec 2000 535 m sport last year and I paid £1200 for it

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
That one in the link isn't an m sport. I have had a fair few v8 beemer. I prefer an auto in them i must say. 540's are very hard on fuel, my 535 did a comfortable 30mpg all the time. They are considerably slower than a 540 though.

I would also rather have an e34 540. They are fast, look much nicer too IMO.

make sure you see it start from bone cold, if it runs lumpy walk away, your into serious serious work to sort it.

They rock though, I am keeping my eyes peeled for another e34 at the minute.

Also that one in the link is over priced, I had a top spec 2000 535 m sport last year and I paid £1200 for it

was the 535 m sport auto tho at £1200? People pay around £800 for a getrag manual boxes

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
It was an auto yea, I still don't see a 98 540 se being worth 2k just because its manual

They are like hens teeth with the 6speed manual.. I searched for a long time to get a full car to break into my triumph.

There are alot of E36 and E30 owners looking for them in manual to do conversions, wiring loom etc is different to the auto boxes.

E39 4.4 doesn't have the liner problems that the 4L E34 engine had.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
If its overpriced ill not bother, its probably something ill only keep for a year.

It's only a 5 speed also

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
If its overpriced ill not bother, its probably something ill only keep for a year.

It's only a 5 speed also

The E39 didn't come in 5speed V8, Id say someone has converted it with an E34 gearbox.

I read somewhere that only 16 official E39 540i 6 speed manuals where brought into the uk, there could be more imports but i don't know how believable that is but I did read it somewhere.

Aidan316i

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34 525i Spo
A manual E39 V8?

Fairly rare that, bar the nasty wheels its worth it lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.