BMW E60 530d...

56oval

RMS Regular
@Graham could you possibly drop me a line with regards to the costs of dpf and map from Autotune. Mine has limp moded a few times and dpf pressure has flagged both times.many thanks

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
It's been a while...

I have yet to diagnose and sort the steering column to allow it to adjust where the wheel stays, but it's next on the list to get done.

After over a year, I finally got a pay out for a damaged tyre, so I might invest this towards a wheel refurb, as they are peeling like a lobster after sun bathing.

In the meantime, the big lady has been serving me well. A rear brake flexi was all that was required for MOT and all was great until it got a drop of damage to the front bumper when parked in Donaghadee one day.

Recent surgery meant the car wasn't needed for a few months and so it went off to get the bumper repaired and painted. There was minimal lacquer peel on the front one and a few scuffs, whilst the rear had a few scuffs on the corners, so perfect time to get them both done to leave the big lady looking her best. I've not really seen the car since it was done, but I am assured it's a great job. Which I know it will be. I am looking forward to getting it back in a few weeks and giving it a good wash and drive.

IMG_20220721_121121.jpg
IMG_20220721_121124.jpg
IMG_20220721_121128.jpg

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Get that poor car washed 😇

I'm sure they'll get that bumper sorted.
Oh it's fixed and all, weeks ago, I've just not seen her yet as I've been driving review cars since I got the go ahead to drive again.

She'll be back in the drive in December I think, so will be sure of a good wash and nice photos!

His & hers do get a bath now and again...

IMG_20221110_213809.jpg

Last edited:

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
I miss my E60. For all the hate they got a few years ago I got away lightly with a dodgy alternator which was cheap 2nd hand.

I keep looking for another but there’s nowt out there

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
I miss my E60. For all the hate they got a few years ago I got away lightly with a dodgy alternator which was cheap 2nd hand.

I keep looking for another but there’s nowt out there
Mostly clapped out ***** being advertised.

I'm hopeful this big girl keeps behaving herself, but it can't be good for it sitting unused for months at a time.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Treated the big girl to a bath, having not seen her in over two months. Tyre pressures done and a tank of derv as I'll be in this daily for the next couple of months.

I'd also forgotten how well she goes!

IMG_20221128_150630.jpg

Last edited:

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Thanks to Ollie for another top job...

Front and rear dash cameras fitted. Phone lead now plugged in behind the dash meaning no trailing leads inside the car.

He also put an Led light strip in the boot so I can see all my gear better.

IMG_20221209_161006.jpg

And with the cold snap at present, I've just set the heater onto its timer so I should get into a warm car in the morning.

IMG_20221209_161231.jpg

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Do these work on the same principle as the Rangie with a small unit that burns diesel and puts the heat into the car?
If spec'd, yes. It will have a Webasto diesel heater. It looks like mine doesn't have this addition, instead just circulating air rather that pumping hot air in.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I'm sure you could fit one if you wanted. Even an electric pre-heater. Very common in Scandi land, make a big difference on cold mornings. Not just for comfort, but for the car and economy too.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
With what I thought was both number plate lights blown, I ordered a set of LED replacement units from Amazon.

It turns out that I'd one candle and one blown. Five minutes later and the car looks a hell of a lot more up-to-date.

Comparison photo, or it didn't happen.

IMG_20230115_144200_edit_192404071211266.jpg

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
After spending some time chilling in the sauna, all mental health benefits soon got undone as my stress levels climbed steeply when the car wouldn't even try and crank over.

Recovered to a ramp and a very prompt diagnoses of a broken earth strap was a big relief.

A Halfords replacement was fitted and will keep me on the road until I can get a heavier duty one from BMW, or one made up, as the Halfords one isn't the biggest gauge compared to what came off.

Amazing how something so simple can cause such a headache and potentially hours of sourcing several potential issues.

IMG_20230310_155336.jpg
IMG_20230310_173036.jpg