BMW E87 130i M Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
feck thats rough as hell! Explains a fair bit!

I reckon he wrecked the bulb socket when he tried fitting the LED angel eye bulbs and that's why there was one LED and one halogen bulb. Here's how it looked (bad iphone pics)

a09a3609.jpg

39fd9020.jpg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
LOL, one side was halogen and one side was LED?!

Yup! Must not have been able to fit the LED in the off side headlamp as he rounded the holder and just put the halogen one back in. It just stayed in if it was sort of wedged in at an angle. When I replaced the LED one with a halogen I noticed the near side was brighter. This was because the off side wasn't seated properly in the hole as it couldn't be locked into place.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Jaysus Dave, Bavarian were seriously trying to take the hand out of you there, great save going to cotswolds, that's where I got my CS weighted gear-knob - great customer service from those guys and well priced products, quick turnaround on delivery too

the previous owner butchered those lights, I can see now from your pics why you were unhappy with the lights. The previous owner must have forced one set of angel eyes in and gave up on the other set - shocking how rash some people can be with things they don't read up on them properly, they're probably cheap badly fitting after-market ones too

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I never asked for any discount on Bavarian's price as I already had a price from Cotswald. They always quote full retail price when you ring.
There's no way they would match it anyway.
The LEDs were aftermarket. Here's what they look like

08bcefa6.jpg

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
No surprise there really when you take a look at the other stuff that was added to the car by the last owner

she's getting there Dave, she'll be looking showroom and OEM fresh when you're finished (y)

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I know I could have bought a "mint" 1 series with a smaller engine for less but this was worth it for the money - I think!

Jason

RMS Regular
Thats serious money for headlights, i'd have been trying to rebuild before shelling that out! lol You'll get there in the end....

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Thats serious money for headlights, i'd have been trying to rebuild before shelling that out! lol You'll get there in the end....

Ha ha ha!!! I remember not so long ago you were considering buying a new headlight for the old E36 - you're just as bad as the rest of us :p

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
I know I could have bought a "mint" 1 series with a smaller engine for less but this was worth it for the money - I think!

Deffo worth the money IMO, a 260bhp 6 pot lump in a 1 series is bound to be great fun - you would get bored of a 116, 118 or 120 within weeks after previously having an M3 and a 330 Dave

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
well Dave's car's a brave bit younger than your's and has xenons, you know you would buy a stock light if you were in the same predicament

Gaz_DC5

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A7
I doubt Jaslad would pay £900 to be fair! Thats crazy money, I would have hit the breakers first.

Jason

RMS Regular
I doubt Jaslad would pay £900 to be fair! Thats crazy money, I would have hit the breakers first.

Not a chance in hell id pay £900 for a set of lights lol I'd be scouring forums/ebay/breakers for a 2nd hand set or fix my originals lol

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I did try all the breakers and eBay (even eBay.de) but getting the same part nos. was impossible. The lights fitted to my car were only used for 4 months of production.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
ah fair enough then, anyway good luck with the motor, look forward to see what you do with it

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Bit of an update.
Ben @ BK Detailing re-dyed my driver side bolster along with a few other minor marks. Did a cracking job and is a top bloke, a pleasure to deal with. Couple of pics -

Before -

DSC_0897.jpg

DSC_0896.jpg

DSC_0893.jpg

After -

b1819b5f.jpg

90d262e3.jpg

d5dfcf54.jpg

Not great pics (taken with iPhone) the leather isn't as shiney in real life.

Was lucky enough to get these. Won't have them on till the new year though. I'm keeping an eye out for some rears to match. No real need for them, would just like some!

P1000545.jpg

P1000544.jpg

P1000541.jpg

P1000540.jpg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Your nuts lol some stoppers there though

Got them for a good price so couldn't resist!
They're made by Brembo (6 pots) and are a direct fit. The standard 130 brakes are actually pretty good but I had always planned to get these, just came up a bit earlier than anticipated.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.