BMW have had car 5 weeks for EGR recall with no progress

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Would it not be normal enough for things like brakes not to be covered by a warranty though?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Probably, really depends on whether it's just wear and tear or some sort of fault with the actual parts. That should be the same whether it's 'normal' brakes or M-Sport brakes though.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Would it not be normal enough for things like brakes not to be covered by a warranty though?

Ordinarily yes, but there are a few service bulletins for the M Sport brakes and he said there are maybe a couple of things they can do.

Otherwise I will just swap the pads out for something else.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Make sure and take a wet fish in with you and give her a slap across the face with it.
What a load of ballix, why would a manufacturer option or spec not be covered by warranty?
Probably the same as the seal "lifetime" gear boxes. I questioned a dealer on it. He couldn't answer it at all.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Ordinarily yes, but there are a few service bulletins for the M Sport brakes and he said there are maybe a couple of things they can do.

Otherwise I will just swap the pads out for something else.
I had the same squeal from my M Sport brakes (blue calipers), even when the car was nearly new. I read up on a few forums at the time and it was a common theme. Didn't stop it being annoying though.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Some pads are wild for it like Ferodo especially, not really acceptable on a road car. The rear pads on my car squeal whenever it's given a workout and it annoys the head off me so I feel your pain.

WonderboyF1

I had my recall letter through a month ago, for a Mini Cooper SD , car is on limp mode and my local non dealer garage diagnosed it as the EGR cooler, however my letter states that it is software update to identify the the problem of a cooler leak, which in my case is to late… dealer doesn’t want to see me until January and bmw / mini breakdown not keen on seeing it either. What can I do? Banging mu head against the wall.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I had my recall letter through a month ago, for a Mini Cooper SD , car is on limp mode and my local non dealer garage diagnosed it as the EGR cooler, however my letter states that it is software update to identify the the problem of a cooler leak, which in my case is to late… dealer doesn’t want to see me until January and bmw / mini breakdown not keen on seeing it either. What can I do? Banging mu head against the wall.
Tell them it's leaking coolant and they will take you pretty quick.

Took mine in under 2 weeks

Smoothie

RMS Regular
Drives
F54 Clubman

Aye not straight forward im afraid. You have no recall on your EGR cooler. How did your independent diagnose the issue as the cooler?

dddrrift

RMS Regular
my f15 x5 3.0d got the EGR cooler recall letter a few days ago... rang bavarian and they booked me in 1st March 2023 as their earliest appointment.... jeeez

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
Did you try another dealer? I’m still waiting on JKC to call me back a week later.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Had the car in with for the recall. All went semi smooth. One thing though they want thr survey done etc usual as it reflects them etc etc box ticking. They did the test drive in the car but the camera picked up a very spirted drive out. Again I understand the car needs tested but if the cops had of been out, it would be a different story. I know they'll not care about it with the survey what's others opinions ?

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Had the car in with for the recall. All went semi smooth. One thing though they want thr survey done etc usual as it reflects them etc etc box ticking. They did the test drive in the car but the camera picked up a very spirted drive out. Again I understand the car needs tested but if the cops had of been out, it would be a different story. I know they'll not care about it with the survey what's others opinions ?

Fill in the survey honestly and score it low - it impacts their performance with the OEM and associated financials

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

"Spirited" in what sense ?

Actually illegal speeds or dangerous driving ?

Did they explain this would be needed before the work started ?

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
If it’s Bavarian they will really really care about the survey lol they are a 40 star dealership so any drop in scores they will respond to

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Was spirted speeds. Wasn't any mention of it needing a test drive but I assume with the cooler they'd of needed to check it.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Surprised they left the camera on, any time my cars with them fitted have been in, the camera is unplugged (JKC and Belfast Audi). Usually still unplugged on collection too 😒

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Never mentioned the camera. It picked up the lift going up and down due to the parking sensor being upset and then driving. But again if the cops had of caught the car I'd have some explaining to. Which anyone could do without.

As for a camera I couldn't care about one being on me, plenty are in workplaces for internal use and again doing what your meant to and no issues, not scalping the car up the road.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
If it’s Bavarian they will really really care about the survey lol they are a 40 star dealership so any drop in scores they will respond to
I had a complaint with Bavarian and went straight to the dealer principal.

He bent over backwards to settle with me before I went to BMW UK

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Never mentioned the camera. It picked up the lift going up and down due to the parking sensor being upset and then driving. But again if the cops had of caught the car I'd have some explaining to. Which anyone could do without.

As for a camera I couldn't care about one being on me, plenty are in workplaces for internal use and again doing what your meant to and no issues, not scalping the car up the road.
So what speeds was the guy doing .80mph on motorway .if he was doing say 100+ then I would be bothered ,below that hardly an issue in my opinion. .