BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Saw one of these in a really dark blue when I was out with the pup. I think they look really well. £42 isn’t to be sniffed at for 1100 miles. That would probably cost me over £300 in my S3.
Do you use the Andersen app or the BMW for managing the charging?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Very smart!
Thanks, very pleased with it.

Looks great. Maybe some kind of coating on the seats would help. I’m always tempted by lighter leather but haven’t ever done it for fear of it getting grubby.
I have just received our Gyeon stock order, so I have some Leather Shield Ceramic coating kits so I’m going to have that done. I have been cleaning it with Gyeon Leather Kit and it comes up perfect each time, so it’s not worrying me, I just don’t like seeing the dark dye on the seats .

Saw one of these in a really dark blue when I was out with the pup. I think they look really well. £42 isn’t to be sniffed at for 1100 miles. That would probably cost me over £300 in my S3.
Do you use the Andersen app or the BMW for managing the charging?

I’m using the BMW app, I found the Konnect app seemed to interfere and one night it didn’t charge at all. But the Konnect app seems to run in the background anyway so it’s still gathering charging data etc.

What do you use @Deezer-D ?

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Thanks, very pleased with it.

I have just received our Gyeon stock order, so I have some Leather Shield Ceramic coating kits so I’m going to have that done. I have been cleaning it with Gyeon Leather Kit and it comes up perfect each time, so it’s not worrying me, I just don’t like seeing the dark dye on the seats .

I’m using the BMW app, I found the Konnect app seemed to interfere and one night it didn’t charge at all. But the Konnect app seems to run in the background anyway so it’s still gathering charging data etc.

What do you use @Deezer-D ?
I’ve just set up the Andersen app and plugged in for first charge tonight. The Andersen app lets me input the costs for peak and off peak and schedule charges but I think I prefer the Mini app. Just need to work out how to put the peak / off peak costs in and I think I’ll just use the Mini one. I’ll keep the Andersen one running though.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
I’ve just set up the Andersen app and plugged in for first charge tonight. The Andersen app lets me input the costs for peak and off peak and schedule charges but I think I prefer the Mini app. Just need to work out how to put the peak / off peak costs in and I think I’ll just use the Mini one. I’ll keep the Andersen one running though.

App must be the same as BMW. Go into charge sessions and click on any of them, scroll to the bottom where it says “total cost” , click on that and when you go in it should have an option to “edit tariff”.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
App must be the same as BMW. Go into charge sessions and click on any of them, scroll to the bottom where it says “total cost” , click on that and when you go in it should have an option to “edit tariff”.
Won’t let me do that but I think I need to enable GPS in the cars menu first. Will turn it on tomorrow and try again

SD19A

RMS Member
The grey looks fantastic. Those are an awesome piece of kit.

I’ve had the demo out from JKC for the weekend and couldn’t believe how good it was.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
The grey looks fantastic. Those are an awesome piece of kit.

I’ve had the demo out from JKC for the weekend and couldn’t believe how good it was.

That’s the car that sold it to us also, are they still running the Carbon black BLZ 333 car?

Are you tempted to pull the trigger?

SD19A

RMS Member
Yes that’s the one - BLZ 3333 is still on the go. I’m tempted, the only thing putting me off is the price!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
2.5k miles on this now and we are still learning stuff about it.

Range has improved nicely since the weather has picked up. Last charge it was reading 245 miles at 100%. Sitting at 2.8 m/kWh at the moment over the 2500 miles.

We are using public chargers and the house charger, so costs are minimal so far. Last charge at home cost just under £9.

Still absolutely loving EV life.

272F8A26-1DBA-478F-9EEC-889AC94E673A.jpeg

davyk31

RMS Regular
245 miles is pretty decent. The warmer weather certainly helps, I am up to 195 now at 100% and should get to 200 or a bit over in warmer days. Just over 8000 miles in my EV and loving it.

See JKC have a white iX3 in the showroom now. Doesn’t actually look bad value against the prices of some of the other cars in there. They have an X5 M Comp for £133k and 118d for upper £40k which seems a lot of cash for either of those.

RevT

RMS Regular
245 miles is pretty decent. The warmer weather certainly helps, I am up to 195 now at 100% and should get to 200 or a bit over in warmer days. Just over 8000 miles in my EV and loving it.

See JKC have a white iX3 in the showroom now. Doesn’t actually look bad value against the prices of some of the other cars in there. They have an X5 M Comp for £133k and 118d for upper £40k which seems a lot of cash for either of those.

That X5M Comp is unreal! I had a nosey at it yesterday.

davyk31

RMS Regular
I thought the price of it was unreal but was genuine 😀. Whoever buys that is in for an eye watering depreciation ride.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Did I pass you in this yesterday @Woodcutter?

I was working in Portstewart but called to your work and was told I missed you by about 20 mins.

That would have been about the same time one of these passed me on a long straight road - crocmore or something like that?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Did I pass you in this yesterday @Woodcutter?

I was working in Portstewart but called to your work and was told I missed you by about 20 mins.

That would have been about the same time one of these passed me on a long straight road - crocmore or something like that?

That would’ve been the other half. 👍🏻

At that time I was busy trying to ring you and getting your voicemail for the 307th time 😂

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
It’s as easy as A B C

Always Be Charging

Unfortunately not, for some journeys I do I just about get away with my "300" miles of range. Not interested in using the public charging network, would be a step backwards for me.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
10k miles in now and still absolutely love this car.

Borrowed Dad’s 2.0d G01 X3 recently for a trip to Dublin, and I couldn’t wait to get out of it. One pedal driving and the instant response of an EV is just different league for daily driving, it’s just so effortless.

Took it to Co Down for a few days at the weekend there, we did approx 190 miles and still had 37 miles left when we got back to the North Coast. Worked out at 3.1 m/kWh

Range is decent but longer trips like that it does let the range anxiety creep in, and you find yourself adjusting your driving style to retain as much battery as possible.

A car with a consistent 300 mile range would be perfect, but for 95% of our usage it’s absolutely bang on.

6D79A5DE-74A6-454B-BD6D-669C8079AD72.jpeg
ABF0B28D-BB1D-4226-B3E5-883D35D64663.jpeg

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Once you go EV you don't look back!
I did, just sold my 40kw Leaf and bought a BMW 335d Xdrive!

I do love EV's but sometimes they're a pain in the hole, I need one that does 300 miles and tows. No one makes one of those yet and if they did they'd be at least 60 grand.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I did, just sold my 40kw Leaf and bought a BMW 335d Xdrive!

I do love EV's but sometimes they're a pain in the hole, I need one that does 300 miles and tows. No one makes one of those yet and if they did they'd be at least 60 grand.

Buying a Leaf in the first place is where you went wrong there! :laughing: There are plenty with that kind of range that tow but they are going to be £50k+ at least.