Booking Northern Ireland MOT advice thread

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
They're going to have to draw a line in the sand at some point and everyone with a MOT due after that date needs to get booked in. Would imagine that line will be months off, possibly end of the year?

Given the ramps, covid etc etc...I'd say 2021 before things start to get moving again sounds likely.
Can the boy i'm buying it off apply for the extension?

It happens automatically. But SORN relates to tax, is the vehicle MOT'd now, or when did it expire ?

Bryan

RMS Regular
Spent today getting the Mini ready for it's date with the MOT ramps on Tuesday.

1595112063828.png

Subframe dropped and all ball joints replaced.... what a job.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
In that case it needs to be tested. You can book a test over the phone. No online booking available again as yet.

Maybe I am special but I can't find the number at all to book one.... Or is it the actual local test centre number itself you are referring to?

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Spent today getting the Mini ready for it's date with the MOT ramps on Tuesday.

View attachment 287844

Subframe dropped and all ball joints replaced.... what a job.
I’m in the final stages of prep for the Beemers test on Monday. Trying to clean it up and make it look as though someone has taken care of it! Lol

I “believe” I’ve everything else sorted. Can’t have missed much for sure, but I guess I’ll find out on Monday Afternoon

Attachments

• ECD056A8-2280-4614-A4AD-C61F166C09A4.jpeg
    ECD056A8-2280-4614-A4AD-C61F166C09A4.jpeg
    434.6 KB · Views: 76

B6GUE

RMS Regular
Drives
MK1 FRS
I’m in the final stages of prep for the Beemers test on Monday. Trying to clean it up and make it look as though someone has taken care of it! Lol

I “believe” I’ve everything else sorted. Can’t have missed much for sure, but I guess I’ll find out on Monday Afternoon

You the handbrake sorted 🤣

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
Just checked my mot again, was extended to October and has been further extended now to April 😁
Got a letter in the post today, they cut the extension from april back to october. Tried ringing them to book the MOT "the phone lines are extremely busy, please try again later". Whole thing is a shambles 🤷‍♂️

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Got a letter in the post today, they cut the extension from april back to october. Tried ringing them to book the MOT "the phone lines are extremely busy, please try again later". Whole thing is a shambles 🤷‍♂️
Why did they cut it? Surely that's hardly very fair to extend it then cut it?

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
MOT booked for 26th September in Ballymena. Apparantley 4yr old cars only get a 6mth extension before they need tested. The second extension i got was an admin error.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Ok what's the craic?

My car is due MOT on 10th of October, 2011 car

Do I try to book it? It hasn't been automatically extended, can't book online still.

Their site says from 1st of September the 4 year old cars etc

I don't want to have to sit on the phone for ages if I don't have to???

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
My MOT is still showing as expiring on 17th September ...was hoping it would be extended by now
Ok what's the craic?

My car is due MOT on 10th of October, 2011 car

Do I try to book it? It hasn't been automatically extended, can't book online still.

Their site says from 1st of September the 4 year old cars etc

I don't want to have to sit on the phone for ages if I don't have to???

686F2368-795C-4053-896D-F7F8532097AB.jpeg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
The mini is 2017 and is showing as MOT due in October as its a mainland car. I assume it will update to next year automatically?

clio_craig

RMS Regular
Drives
Renault clio
Got a letter myself last week saying too phone and book!
It had been extended too 1st October... Its an 07 passat?
Also impossible to get through! 😂

clio_craig

RMS Regular
Drives
Renault clio
Only thing I was just thinking I put a private plate on it over lockdown? May affect it? Either way I'll not be busting my chops to get through.... Not a peeler in the world will care about MOT currently!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Parents merc is up on the 30th September. Phoned and got told we need to email, give the cars details and ask for an extension. Whole things a ****ing mess.
Should be left as normal, book online and then give out an extension if it can’t be done.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Parents merc is up on the 30th September. Phoned and got told we need to email, give the cars details and ask for an extension. Whole things a ****ing mess.
Should be left as normal, book online and then give out an extension if it can’t be done.

They’re giving out wrong advice tho....

488AC5C2-9521-4BDA-B2A3-6A445496D450.jpeg