Booking Northern Ireland MOT advice thread

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
The guy I done mine with put up on Facebook the other day that all tests were being cancelled due to the latest restrictions. This is what he put up:

ALL TESTS CANCELLED

Firstly I'd like to apologise to all our students for the difficulty and frustration this will cause. At 2.30pm on Friday 16 October....
(3 hours 30 mins notification) we have been told by the DVA we must stop all lessons. All tests booked from Monday 19th October 2020 for 4 weeks will be cancelled and the DVA will refund. Apologies again, but please note we have no control over the powers that be...
STAY SAFE.

cheers for that Nick - pretty ***** :worried: - who did you do with with? Must give them a follow for updates

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat
Mine is due December and has been extended already

F5AD97BE-F102-4DE6-BB87-63D2D673794D.png

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
Hi all, what’s the latest with the MOT. My wife’s car is due up today. Her Jazz is 5 and was due in April so got one extension already but reading the website, as far as I can make out she should be getting another one. Am I right? It is still showing as being up today. It does say it can take up to 7 days to update the website though.

thanks.

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
I was on the phone this morning to the DVA abs they had to get Newtownards to phone me to confirm that they had just added the exemption. I was told that t could take up to 24hrs for the website to change but it’s still showing as being up today. I will just have to wait and see what it says in the morning.

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
All sorted now thankfully. The website updated after about 23hrs and we are all good to go. Just must have been one of the ones to slip through their procedures.

Reactions: dub