BP Ultimate shortage in Northern Ireland?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
see the Texaco in comber has no supreme unleaded tonight they didn't know when they were getting more and I was 4th or 5th person to ask for it
whats happening
Two and a half weeks ago I was in, they had none then either.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
The BP on the Manse Road in Newtownabbey is now a Topaz if anyone prefers their SUL.

I hadn't realised it had changed until the girl at the counter told me they no longer accept my Nectar card, and then I noticed the big new sign outside :oops:

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Was up around abbey centre the other day. Near sure the tesco said 99ron available ?

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
interesting, how much is super there?

I never really noticed the prices tbh as that's just where I normally get my petrol. I couldn't even tell you the price of regular petrol these days as I don't even shop around :oops:

I've just always put BP Ultimate in my cars.

BrookST

RMS Regular
Drives
Monaro VXR
They should cover up the sul 99 sign at Tesco abbey centre surely, misleading, regardless of standard company deployment

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
Is the topaz super the nearest we get to shell vpower? I know its 98 Ron and the topaz super is 97 but topaz did buy shell ireland over including the north sites. It's been covered to death I know I just wish someone would invest and have the storage tanks here for supplying 98 Ron and Tesco 99.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I can't remember which one, but one of the respected Subaru tuners from Englandshire said Topaz was definitely the best of a bad bunch.

KrisSRT

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTD
Is the topaz super the nearest we get to shell vpower? I know its 98 Ron and the topaz super is 97 but topaz did buy shell ireland over including the north sites. It's been covered to death I know I just wish someone would invest and have the storage tanks here for supplying 98 Ron and Tesco 99.

Wrong, hendersons bought the most of them. Topaz only have one company owned site in the north.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR

V Power is actually 99 RON, not that it matters to use over here as we'll never get it :worried:

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
Drives
205 gti
Maxol just opened a new station close to mine (eglinton , derry)
thank god it sells super, not sure of the quality but its super which is a start

dingle

RMS Regular
OP
dingle
Drives
C63 AMG
It's just another 97 RON petrol as far as I know - In fact the funny thing was, my first visit after the Topaz takeover on the Manse Road resulted in me going away with an empty tank - They weren't selling any petrol that evening due to an "IT problem" - I've been using the BP on the Antrim Road since.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Bob rawle and simon roe have both said in the past that when they are mapping any scoobs that are using bp ultimate they run like they are on dish water. Bob rawle mapped mine only two months ago on topaz and said the fuel seemed good but he has warned against using bp ultimate. Two of the most reputable mappers in the uk.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Taken from bob rawles website, Fuel choice is very important and strongly influences potential gains, for the best opportunity then Shell V Power or Tesco Momentum (99) must be the norm. 97 ron Super is then next best with 95 ron allowing some gains but mainly forcing a remap for safe engine performance when using the low fuel grade. One fuel to avoid is BP Ultimate which is not suited to the Impreza engine.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Ah right. I was talking about ultimate diesel.

I'd usually use Texaco's high octane 97 in the NSX though but might try Topaz.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Maybe its just the impreza engines as he says at the end but im sure they are all similar.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.