BTCC 2020

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Races finally back on, first outing today at Donington.

Colin did well overall even if he did get a bit lucky in the first race.

Sutton looking frighteningly quick!

Last race was fantastic, superb result for Hyundai. Hoping to see more of them up front.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Another good weekend for Colin at Brands Hatch 😎

First two races were a little uneventful but the last was brilliant. Reverse grid never disappoints :innocent:😁

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Need to catch up on yesterday’s, seen the first race but then went out for the day.
But first week was great racing

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Eventful race 2 at Oulton Park. Poor Josh Cook, that's gonna be a frosty garage. Sutton's Infiniti was just untouchable, especially out of the slower corners. Looking forward to race 3 now.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Eventful race 2 at Oulton Park. Poor Josh Cook, that's gonna be a frosty garage. Sutton's Infiniti was just untouchable, especially out of the slower corners. Looking forward to race 3 now.
Josh Cook still not catching a break at Knockhill

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
That race 3 restart at Silverstone was hectic. Ash Sutton had to be wishing for another lap. Three decent races for the Honda team too.

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
Sutton is great to watch, he can make that Infiniti dance!
Was looking like a strong weekend for Ingram but that went downhill rapidly

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Can’t believe this has been so quiet and haven’t posted myself, been some unreal races this season. The final day is here and first race unfortunately not great for Turkington, hopefully the cars better once the full ballast is off. But not going to be easy for him at all, Sutton is a brilliant driver.

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
Shaping up to be a good final race! Sadly Ingram is def out of the running now, but he’s had a brilliant weekend so far. Great recovery in race 2

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Sutton’s to lose really. If he doesn’t go too mad and try and push through when he doesn’t need to and get into trouble it’s I’m his really.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Sutton and Turkington raced so well and well deserved by Sutton holding his aggression in because that could have lost him it. Not often you see Turkington finish all 3 races on the finale.

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
It’s drivers like Sutton that make it great racing tbh. Granted he sometimes takes stupid risks, but I think he deserved the championship.
Ingram next year 💪🏻

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Don’t really like him but he is a great driver and deserves that 2nd championship, he would have had it handier if he didn’t make the stupid risky move in Croft after Turkington was out. But that is the kinda racing that we want

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, brilliant finish, top class entertainment 😁

Shame with the weather for Colin, never really had a chance in the rain. Could have been a different story in a dry race but that's how it goes.

Well done Sutton, flawless weekend, drove that home beautifully (y)

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
RWD vs FWD, I think that's the main one in the wet.
Infiniti is rwd too.

but Sutton has his car setup so soft normally, even in the dry, and the bit extra in the wet and think that makes a huge difference.

it rides the kerbs like a rally car not a hard setup touring car, just floats over them.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ah, didn't realise his was rwd. That's very impressive then (y)

The other BTCC specific things would be weights. I know Colin went in with a lot of extra weight in the first race, not sure how they compared in the other two races. It makes a big difference.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
The weight doesn’t seem to effect Sutton’s car, it has such pace that unless you super defensive it’ll just pull past. I heard Tim Harvey say they have reduced the boost for the starts too on all the rwd cars so whether that’s a result of Sutton’s pace off the line too or Colin’s too who knows.