Can I go to England to pick up a car?

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
I went to Liverpool on the ferry about month ago to lift an s2000. I simply kept myself to myself, met the guy at the port, made the deal and home. Genuinely interacted with fewer people than I would have doing a food shop. I was asked by police what my business was to which I replied work, and they let me through. Go for it.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Scottish farmer, fly’s into Belfast, train to Dublin, train to Wexford.. buys €130,000 Case Optum 300, then drives it 300km (at 50kph max) along the N1, A1, M2 to get boat back from Larne to Scotland...... deemed “essential” journey as when stopped he was returning home......

FACT

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Wonder will you do your handover off site, in one of these. Buying atm is such a weird process.
20210212_165132.jpg

thefool1983

RMS Regular
OP
thefool1983
I carefully considered what to do about this, and in the end I went for it.

I did it as carefully and as socially distant as I could. And ended up taking the Liverpool overnight ferry as suggested by @lordchris .
This meant less driving (90 miles)and no borders crossed other than the ferry.

I only spoke to 2 people (the seller n the guy in dominos!)

I wasn't even asked once where i was going/what for!

Having witnessed the behaviour of some on the boat, I am nowhere near the worst!!
I will isolate for 10 days to be on the safe side!

But let the hate commence! 🤣
20210214_171446.png

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul

I did it as carefully and as socially distant as I could. And ended up taking the Liverpool overnight ferry as suggested by @lordchris .

Having witnessed the behaviour of some on the boat, I am nowhere near the worst!!

But let the hate commence! 🤣View attachment 312433

Corvolvovirus.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
On the theme of the old Covid thread that was mentioned earlier in this thread, I watched the film Songbird last night...............:scream:

Nice wifey car BTW.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane

But let the hate commence! 🤣View attachment 312433
Family car or tow wagon for the 350z to hammer the life out of it at trackdays?

Chris0

RMS Regular
Tempted by a car near Swindon. Seller is going to send me videos later of a few things. Is there any options other than the AA to get it checked over?

If the videos are all fine I might check if there is someone on the owners forum nearby that could check it over and bring a OBD/Scanner as there is an ABS/Traction control light on dash (dealer says it’s a sensor just)

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Tempted by a car near Swindon. Seller is going to send me videos later of a few things. Is there any options other than the AA to get it checked over?

If the videos are all fine I might check if there is someone on the owners forum nearby that could check it over and bring a OBD/Scanner as there is an ABS/Traction control light on dash (dealer says it’s a sensor just)

If it’s just a sensor why would they not replace it?

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
It was a PX but that’s my thoughts and why I’d prefer someone to check it over with a scanner if possible- they seem to have unreal stock of things like 900+ GTRs, M3s, 911s etc

Part ex or not - you don’t sell a car to the public with a warning light on if it’s a sensor issue, you fix it

Otherwise it’s just an absolute headache for everybody. If it’s going to auction or another trader then yeah you might sell without repairing but not a retail sale