Can I go to England to pick up a car?

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
Tempted by a car near Swindon. Seller is going to send me videos later of a few things. Is there any options other than the AA to get it checked over?

If the videos are all fine I might check if there is someone on the owners forum nearby that could check it over and bring a OBD/Scanner as there is an ABS/Traction control light on dash (dealer says it’s a sensor just)
I've used click mechanic in the past to check over a car in England. It wasn't too dear, they highlighted a couple of wee things like a leaky strut, all of which was accurate and resulted in a good purchase .

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Why not the government representatives can do what they like ,why don’t you .sure after all it’s essential your wife gets to work .
Before anyone comments ,my family has had it’s fair share of covid problems so I know first hand what it’s like .

thefool1983

RMS Regular
OP
thefool1983
Why not the government representatives can do what they like ,why don’t you .sure after all it’s essential your wife gets to work .
Before anyone comments ,my family has had it’s fair share of covid problems so I know first hand what it’s like .
I already did 😜

As to the VAT side of things, its only for businesses. Don't know hke it would ever be policed either 🤷‍♂️

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Brought a speedboat back from Greenock yesterday. Security at Larne told me my reason for traveling was work. Didn’t even get to use my premeditated ‘safety boat’ excuse.

6655F4A3-D38F-4D7E-A9EC-56A0575C7E07.jpeg

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I take it the bars/restaurants etc all closed on the ferries? Ie bring your own quavers?

thefool1983

RMS Regular
OP
thefool1983
Ferry has full meals/restraunts etc.
However you can't get a pint after 10 at nite due to coronations rules.
Didn't try hospitality lounge.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Not sure what you took from my post, but I wasn't saying one way or other. I'm just fed up of these debates, they're just constantly going round in circles.

The tinfoil hat reference is constantly flug about. The fact is there's absolute moonbeams on both sides of the fence.

It's frustrating that one side can't share an opinion to the other without it getting childish or using the term tinfoil hat.

Thats good you have formed your opinion but its tiring to be preached at also.