car change

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ryan-B

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 VW Golf R32
thinking of changing to a 2002 clio 3.0 v6....... shud i do it???? :cry:

Ryan-B

RMS Regular
OP
Ryan-B
Drives
Mk5 VW Golf R32
how do i post pics????????????

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Clio v6 would be nice but its alot of money for a clio!

If the image is already hosted on the internet then just put the url between the tags in your previous post!

If its not already hosted it you'll have to attach it to your post!

HTH

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Your image is still on your computer.

When posting look below the area u type in and you'll see Add an Attachment. Just click browse and find the pic location and click on it and then click add attachment!

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
http://www.carsurvey.org/review_39643.html

this bloke dusnt seem too impressed with his...

DSCF0434.JPG

Is that the right one there?

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
mate who has fq340 used 2 hav 1 real nice car lots of torque real head turner everyone has ctr s !!!!

BigJoe

RMS Regular
Drives
FR-V - Civic
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont change, keep thinkin vtec, vtec, vtec, vtec, vtec, go baby go baby go baby!!! ;-)
For the money you could have a 350Z or an RX8, why would you want to drive a Clio????

Marc

RMS Moderator
its a lovely car, wouldnt be a hell of a lot faster that ur CTR.. if even at all, but if you want a posing wagon, then go ahead get one :grinning:

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I wouldn't advise changing either. Fair enough, the V6 will get looks, but it will also drink petrol like there's no tomorrow and will be rattling like mad long before the Honda will be. In terms of speed too, is there really that much of a gap between them?

Gaz

santoz

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
Gud handling car, but I've found them quite slow for a V6!

Get a 350Z, far nicer car - faster, good bodywork & good resell value!

Gambit

RMS Regular
dont be getting a phase one, they are considered slow, and not a very well balanced chassis

phase 2 has more bhp, 0-60 in 5.7s, and has a far better chassis. Reno built a complete new rear subframe for the phase 2 to iron out the handling/grip problems of the phase 1

i actually like them more than the 350z, Rx8

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Oh dear. An overpriced clio. You could buy an E39 M5 for the money. Or an evo 7. They just don't compare - chalk and cheese.

It depends what you're after really.

Andy

Skillie

Not in a million years, the french like their weird cars and to be honest this is one of the weirdest ******* creations ever. Would be a laugh as a second car but wouldn't swap a CTR for it. Buy a 350Z or a lotus elise or someth but under NO circumstances buy a ClioV6

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Oh and surprisingly the Clio Cup is one of the best value hot hatches you can buy. I test drove one just before I bought the civic and they are pocket rockets. Not worth spending another 10k on top of for a v6 monster though!

Andy

Skillie

Gambit said:
nearly as weird as their F1 engined Espace!!

ya they're a strange little bunch! The Avantime, kangoo, Vel Satis, who buys these cars!! The've come up with some crackers. The Clio 182 seems to be a mental little thing, even Clarkson loved it, but the V6 just ain't worth it when you compare it to what else the money could buy you

Ryan-B

RMS Regular
OP
Ryan-B
Drives
Mk5 VW Golf R32
yeah its the phase 1 im goin to c... drove one yesterday..goin to c another today.. dont scream like the type R but r impressive looking and go well too 0-60 is quicker than type R apparently but not as quick up top...cudnt afford a 350z...i wish lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.