Car culture live 2015 Newtownards

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

56oval

RMS Regular
i heard that those two parties were not particularly happy last night. No news on today, lets hope they get the place cleaned up and manage to put on a quality day for all the punters whove shelled out their hard earned.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Just to top it off it's now raining in Ards. Not that I was ever going anywhere near this anyway.

Last edited:

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
That's todays planned ruined.

Anything else on today that would be worth going too?

longchamps

RMS Regular
Drives
mx5 rs
reallymeanmoaners lol i thought it was a bargain £10 to get out on the track alone never mind all the other things happening

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
The worst thing about events like this being held with camping is the muppets it attracts. Some bellend has been banging his motor of the limiter for the past while. Hopefully it pops soon it's quarter to 2 have some sense ffs, it is not a nice replacement for trying to count sheep.

Has to be a Honda. They love limiter bashing cause makes them cool

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Don't be judging a show because of some morons who bounce off the limiter or do drugs.
I didn't stay overnight though, but the day was very chilled and I had great fun.
Heading there now, but the weather is shocking so I doubt it will be as good as yesterday!
Anyway a few preview snaps from Day 1

062 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

010 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

202 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

110 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

286 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

211 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

235 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

315 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

357 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

396 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

and our own @Marc.W showing the jr's how it's done (without a clutch) and still winning :grinning:

097 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

Topmark

RMS Regular
@Reno_LV Fantastic pics. They look great - looking forward to seeing the rest.

@Marc.W I was so suprised at how quick this was yesterday. It's definitelly a bit of a sleeper you could easily get caught out by at a set of lights!! What sort of BHP is it putting out? Is it DSG?

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
I was disappointed with the amount there yesterday, thought it was going to be rammed to the gills. That being said I still really enjoyed it, thought the atmosphere was good and it was nice to get to see a bit of the racing and stuff... As others have said, don't let a few idiots put you off the idea of it being a good event, this country has that many morons in it that they will be everywhere at every type of event, if you judge an event by what a few people do at it, no one in this country would organise anything or go anywhere!

Will def go to this next year again in the hope they have the drag racing better organised and keep the cars moving more. No one wants to stand around for an hour watching a queue of cars sitting waiting to go either lol

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Doesn't look to bad from those pics... There was a lot of coming and going from the comber road entrance even when I past it around 23.00 last night.,

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
I enjoyed the drag racing and drifting, but I was boiling my power steering fluid and didn't want to do any damage. Was a good atmosphere though just poorly organised.

Hopefully some things the organisers can learn from for next year and make it a better event

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
@Reno_LV Fantastic pics. They look great - looking forward to seeing the rest.

@Marc.W I was so suprised at how quick this was yesterday. It's definitelly a bit of a sleeper you could easily get caught out by at a set of lights!! What sort of BHP is it putting out? Is it DSG?

Got a load of gopro footage to upload, yeah it's the DQ200 box, the only one that doesn't have any launch control, so I always loose ground on the starts, was RR'd last year @ 204bhp :laughing:

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Got a load of gopro footage to upload, yeah it's the DQ200 box, the only one that doesn't have any launch control, so I always loose ground on the starts, was RR'd last year @ 204bhp :laughing:
Are those the 1.4tsi engine jobs?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Today was moist to say the least !

IMG_4914.JPG

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
The under utilisation of the airfield was the biggest let down. Could have been action packed but instead delays due to lack of communication & equipment failure meant a lot of standing about. Drag cars having to use the same strip to return, only 6 drifting cars out at a time etc (when you could have safely have had 10+ out at a time).
We're all big boys so if an accident did occur we would take it on the chin, surely thats what we sign the disclaimers for ?
Foolishly I looked forward to this event for quite some time, spent 7 weeks straight at sea, only home for this weekend then back to work Tuesday so this was my Summer.. we had 3 cars set up for the event from Portstewart, tonnes of fuel & sets of tyres, had to even book into Malmaison Belfast as it was the only pet friendly hotel available lol I'm not spinning a hard-luck story I'm just giving you all an idea of the extent we went to, to support & enjoy this. We only got 5 (untimed) drag races & 3 sessions of drifting.
Ive no real productive further input as we could chat all night about what could have been improved & I tip my hat to the lads organising this, its a huge accomplishment so well done again Ryan & the team.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.