Car Insurance increases

jferg

RMS Regular
This is my first year EVER having to insure cars and not looking forward to it

I will have 5 cars go insure, who would you recommend?

BobSpounge

RMS Regular

Can't see any recommendations being worth anything TBH. People seem to have luck with some companies and others don't. It's like they lick a finger, stick it out the window and depending what way the winds blowing they give you a quote based on that. One things for sure it's a bloody racket.

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3

Vaseline Hml407 GIF by truTV’s Hack My Life

Martyn

RMS Regular
Can't see any recommendations being worth anything TBH. People seem to have luck with some companies and others don't. It's like they lick a finger, stick it out the window and depending what way the winds blowing they give you a quote based on that. One things for sure it's a bloody racket.

“This”

It’s been unreal this year.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
My traders policy is up for renewal, been with AXA for 15 years and the price has pretty much never changed. This year they are quoting £500 more than last year.

Mine barely increased at all from last year thankfully. I think it’s went up about £50 to £1224. That covers myself and the wife for SDP, trade, commuting etc with £25k per vehicle, imports, classics etc… I’ve been with Todd’s for 10 years now and they’ve always been very helpful and cheaper than anything else I can find, if I even bother to look tbh.

colin84

RMS Regular
Mine barely increased at all from last year thankfully. I think it’s went up about £50 to £1224. That covers myself and the wife for SDP, trade, commuting etc with £25k per vehicle, imports, classics etc… I’ve been with Todd’s for 10 years now and they’ve always been very helpful and cheaper than anything else I can find, if I even bother to look tbh.

That was pretty much the same as my own policy, except imports are excluded. The girl from CIP said AXA have had something like 3 increases in 5 months.

The girl mentioned another company they could try, but was strictly for registered car dealers. She said they would ask for proof, and if it wasn't provided the company would cancel the policy. I just renewed with AXA to save any hassle. I didn't even bother to shop around.

RevT

RMS Regular
That was pretty much the same as my own policy, except imports are excluded. The girl from CIP said AXA have had something like 3 increases in 5 months.

The girl mentioned another company they could try, but was strictly for registered car dealers. She said they would ask for proof, and if it wasn't provided the company would cancel the policy. I just renewed with AXA to save any hassle. I didn't even bother to shop around.

I shopped around and AbbeyAutoline in Coleraine were able to do it for me for £1700, beating CIP’s “best” at £2040. It’s worth shopping around as CIP don’t play ball much.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Ive seen a few posts saying that insurers are now refusing to renew your policy if your car is 'too old'. The cars are around 20 yrs old and in good condition, no claims etc. Just wont reinsure 8-(

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Ive seen a few posts saying that insurers are now refusing to renew your policy if your car is 'too old'. The cars are around 20 yrs old and in good condition, no claims etc. Just wont reinsure 8-(
Oh balls. I haven’t owned a car newer than 23 years old the past decade. That’s my era 😥

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI

Noted on points above, however admiral multi car / cover was about £400 cheaper than anywhere else I could get for 2 cars and the house insurance. £1063 for the 3 combined with a good level of cover on each.

Cheapest individually was £1500 for worse level of cover.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Got a marketing email, had to laugh at most motorcycles being under £630 being some sort of brag.

Mine's about £80! Even my first year was around £110.
View attachment 431498

I pay a brave bit less than that for a multi bike policy for the R1200GSA and MT09 SP with a combined value of £20k or so, with all the bells and whistles (helmet and leathers, accessories, ride other bikes, pillion, EU etc…)… 😂

leek9

RMS Regular
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
seen a big jump in her car and the house this year, my cars mostly unchanged, just have to convince herself to buy a Jazz and we can sell the house and live in them, we'd be saving a tidy £1,516.35 which would go towards some nice new parts for the GTR and CTR, will report back on how it goes.

1713334117134.png

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
I rang axa after my quote of £1200 for the RR. They took 10% off brining it down to £1080.

Had a look online and wasn’t much cheaper so went with it to save any hassle moving,

Think it was around £750-800 last year

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Got a marketing email, had to laugh at most motorcycles being under £630 being some sort of brag.

View attachment 431498

I pay a brave bit less than that for a multi bike policy for the R1200GSA and MT09 SP with a combined value of £20k or so, with all the bells and whistles (helmet and leathers, accessories, ride other bikes, pillion, EU etc…)… 😂
Lucky you guys. The cheapest I could get the Aprilia insured for was £360 fully comp, up roughly £100 from the MT-10. Admittedly protected NCB and commuting to work pushed it up a fair wee bit but I’d rather have those to keep myself half a way right.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Lucky you guys. The cheapest I could get the Aprilia insured for was £360 fully comp, up roughly £100 from the MT-10. Admittedly protected NCB and commuting to work pushed it up a fair wee bit but I’d rather have those to keep myself half a way right.
I ended the GS policy a month early, losing a year of NCB to start the multi bike policy as it was justifiably cheaper than starting a new policy for the MT09 on its own. The renewal for the GS on its own was going to end up costing more than the 2 bikes, even if I accrued the additional year of NCB. The whole thing is a scam…

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Mine includes commuting, but it's a Honda Magna VF750c, I've always had cruisers and muscle bikes. I'd imagine something sportier would be more (Though the magna is surprisingly capable, being based on the VFR engine)

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC

View attachment 431498

First time insurance on the Bandit was a third of that in November, and that included adding my little brother as a named driver (also passed test at the same time)