Car Related Goals In Life

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

johnm

RMS Regular
1. Own a skyline - done
2. rebuild a prelude to the way I want and get to as many track days as possible - doing it
3. Own an R32 gtr and have it side by side the prelude - next!
4. Never be in a position to have to sell either

corsacj

RMS Regular
I love the idea of having a good few cars, but nothing terribly high rent.

A decent sized garage with a lift, with the likes of an s14a, ps13 or r32 with decent power for some fun; something like an older merc pillarless coupe in black, on air or juice - for cruising and general pimping. And I would love to build a sandrail for good craic on the sunny days.

Im not really one for flashy supercars, although I do really love them Im not sure I would buy one if in the position to, unless it was from the older era with no powersteering kind of thing. Maybe time will change but as it stands I would be happy with what Ive said above which realistically could be achieved for not far off a base model focus off the forecourt

Basically, I want to be in a position with the space, time and reasonable finances to build a few cars a little from the norm that I can have fun with, maybe a little low key in terms of aspirations (probably what living as a student does to you!) but Its the sort of thing I know I can work towards, and once Im there its easy to find ways to spend more... lol.

Ofcorse then following that up by using each as intended, a long cruise with the girlfriend somewhere warm and interesting in the big cruiser, take whatever jap rwd it happens to be to a few decent tracks, and get as many complaints as possible from whatever government bodies about the state I desire to leave many beaches. **** the more I read this over the more I realise Im pretty easy pleased

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6

A decent sized garage with a lift, with the likes of an s14a, ps13 or r32 with decent power for some fun; something like an older merc pillarless coupe in black, on air or juice - for cruising and general pimping. And I would love to build a sandrail for good craic on the sunny days.

Im not really one for flashy supercars, although I do really love them Im not sure I would buy one if in the position to, unless it was from the older era with no powersteering kind of thing. Maybe time will change but as it stands I would be happy with what Ive said above which realistically could be achieved for not far off a base model focus off the forecourt

Basically, I want to be in a position with the space, time and reasonable finances to build a few cars a little from the norm that I can have fun with, maybe a little low key in terms of aspirations (probably what living as a student does to you!) but Its the sort of thing I know I can work towards, and once Im there its easy to find ways to spend more... lol.

Ofcorse then following that up by using each as intended, a long cruise with the girlfriend somewhere warm and interesting in the big cruiser, take whatever jap rwd it happens to be to a few decent tracks, and get as many complaints as possible from whatever government bodies about the state I desire to leave many beaches. **** the more I read this over the more I realise Im pretty easy pleased

I used to say that... Then I got to drive a DB9 and a 458. Now I'm aiming for both. Shoot for the stars lol.

C4L

RMS Regular
I'd be more than happy with something like:

1. My 330ci msport as a daily
2. A totally impractical queen: properly classic BMW fully redone/stanced out for purely real slow cruising once or twice a year
3. A bike for thrills, favourite of grandas collection and one of the best looking machines made imo...MV Agusta F4 :heart:

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
Ive probably forgot something but:

1. Own an highly tuned Evo 8/9/10 (working on it)
2. Drive an Aston Martin
3. Own an Aston Martin v8 vantage (thanks to no.2)
4. Take part in a few Gumball/Modball events in the 3 MPS
5. European road trip including visiting SPA and Nuremburgring
6. Own a Porsche, older one... probably 964 911
7. Buy and restore a twin cam
8. American road trip in an American classic
9. Own a RWD jap, most likely a skyline

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
This is interesting thread! Good idea OP.

1.) I'd love to own a a low mileage (as possible) CSL.
2.) Keep my M3 and restore the underside, shotblast and powder coat then ony drive it dry weather.
3.) Obviously if i run into money I'd look at more serious cars to add to the collection!

Not going to add a big list of supercars I'd buy but, a nice double garage or large barn kitted out to spend my days off is definitely on my to do list in the future.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Would like:

1) To own a 911 (at least a 997)
2) Do a European driving holiday
3) Do a gumball type event
4) Do a highlands tour (done this last year and loved it, would go back again in a heartbeat)

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
1. Drive to and round the Nurburgring in the Exige S. I have been to the Ring before in a CTR but it would be a whole different experience in the Exige.
2. Own the new V6 Exige S
3. Own a Porsche 911 GT3 (997 or later). It's the only other car I have a real desire for and that desire dosent seem to go away (think I will have to wait a while thou).

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I also would like to do the Modball at some stage

Also sorry to be ****, but a couple of people have been saying the Nuremburgring and the ring at Nuremburg. The Nürburgring Nordschleife is located in Nürburg, which is nearly 400 km from Nuremburg! Completely different towns/cities. Just a pet hate of mine, lol

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Ben E clearly they've ...:party:

newnevernurburgring.jpg

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Got to admit, they hold a special place in my heart as well :heart:

jammy begger never even mentioned he had one before when we were talking about his collection! - its been in storage the past few years! going to ask nicely if I can get a drive when im down again, even if I don't go higher than 2nd ill be happy lol

warren

RMS Photographer
Not all of these are strictly car related for me.....and not really in any particular order

1) Own a bright yellow Camaro SS in Northern Ireland
2) Own a car that does the gear shift "burp"
3) Own a track bike and actually do track days on it
4) Do a supercar trackday in England
5) Win the lottery and have a Veyron SS as my daily
6) Another bike tour around europe

PeteMoore

RMS Regular

you're gonna jizz at this then

http://engineeredtoslide.com/

timthumb.php

One of my favourite sites at the moment

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
1. Own a really mint Evo 6
2. Do some type of racing like auto grassing in an old Mini
3. Trip to the ring
4. Learn how to detail properly
5. Tour right around Ireland
6. Own something that puts a smile on my face every time I turn the key

bennn

RMS Regular
Drives
a bike
This is a really sound thread, I've never written any of this stuff down.

1. Own a GT86
2. Own an M3
3. Own a honda - dc5 or S2000
4. Drive to/round germany. Nurburgring, BMW Werke, VW hq, Porsche, Autobahn etc.
5. Drive round Japan (pref in a gtr or something) and tour its various factories etc.
6. Learn to weld. Build/restore my dream BMW.
7. Maintain the cars I have to a high standard.

God help my girlfriend. She hates cars.

bob

RMS Regular
A quick two that instantly sprang to mind when I read the thread

1. Win my class in Donegal
2. Drive America coast to coast

Now I just need some talent and balls for the first, and a bag of cash for the second

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.