Cars you never knew existed

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
This ugly old jap box that JDM garage posted. Bit of research tells me it's a Nissan Rasheen and it comes with an SR20DE. Horrible looking thing!

Screenshot_20240130_183958_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240130_184011_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240130_184030_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240130_184126_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240130_184138_Instagram.jpg

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Like a Bing AI mash up of a Mk2 Golf Country and a Vauxhall Frontera.

The Vauxhall Fontera is coming back as an EV.

Couldn't be any worse than the last one... Could it?

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
Great cars. When I was a kid my dad had 3 of them.

The one in the photo above is a SE6, we had a white one of those.

He had 2 SE5s which were earlier and a nicer looking car.

The first one was a lovely mustard yellow one which had great bodywork, but unfortunately cut out and burst into flames, we still have one of the half melted wolfrace wheels in garage 😂. With the insurance money he bought the white SE6 and another SE5 that was mechanically great but had terrible paint.

Lovely cars let down by the ****ty Ford engine. The Essex V6 weighs a bloody huge amount. Always liked the idea of one with a lightweight V8 in it.

would be terrible if some one was to put a metal body on one with a vauxhall turbo engine 😉

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
would be terrible if some one was to put a metal body on one with a vauxhall turbo engine 😉
Ehhh, metal body?

As much as I really dislike most vauxhalls, still would be an improvement over a terrible ford boat anchor 😂

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news

It’ll probably still find a way to drip oil 🤣

Paul.

RMS Regular

I've always liked the looks of the Frontera. It and the Vauxhall Brava are appealing even if appalling. I can't help wondering where a new Frontera fits into the current Vauxhall range, which is already almost all tall crossovers. Maybe it'll be the tallest crossover.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's just yet another electric SUV thing. Exactly the same as all the others.

It will be based on a Stelantis platform. Vauxhall describe it as "for the family", so presumably 7-seat (?), and "affordable" (whatever that means these days).

Can't find much more about it yet.

Paul.

RMS Regular
It's just yet another electric SUV thing. Exactly the same as all the others.

It will be based on a Stelantis platform. Vauxhall describe it as "for the family", so presumably 7-seat (?), and "affordable" (whatever that means these days).

Can't find much more about it yet.
I've been reading Wikipedia for at least 30 seconds now and it appears the Frontera will be replacing the Crossland. If you can't remember which one the Crossland is, it's the one that is two inches longer than the Mokka, three inches taller than the Mokka, and one inch narrower than the Mokka. However, it looks like a taller Corsa while the Mokka looks like a relation of the Astra.

Based on these measurements the new Frontera might be the same length as the Vivaro, a quarter inch wider than the Grandland, and look like the Adam.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
They didn't even bother changing anything at all by the looks of it, just the badge 😅

That's right up there with Ssangyong's finest efforts!