Cat D Car Purchase

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
There was a hpi style check that does auction checks against the plate. Check I think.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Done all the above - have a ton of info and even been in contact with the owner from 2012-14 lol

Was recently CAT N'd in August so just wanting more detail thats all if possible

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I definitely remember a site that gave photos in the damaged state as part of the car check, what it is I can't remember. Useful I knowšŸ¤£
The saving grace with a Cat N is it could be the lightest damage which shouldn't affect the structural bits but I suppose doing your due diligence is peace of mind too.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
I definitely remember a site that gave photos in the damaged state as part of the car check, what it is I can't remember. Useful I knowšŸ¤£
The saving grace with a Cat N is it could be the lightest damage which shouldn't affect the structural bits but I suppose doing your due diligence is peace of mind too.

Me too. Iā€™ve been racking my brain trying all sorts into Google but nothing.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
None at all unless you are buying from the person who owned it when it was damaged. Even then you are merely hoping they took some images of the damage.

934B5EA2-88B9-4DB5-821F-16A9B3787324.gif

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
I personally wouldnā€™t buy a cat d/c. Just too much hassle trying to sell it on.

I bought a cat d once, had been lightly tapped on the rear. The boot and sunroof leaked, no matter what I done, it leaked. Could never get it aligned bang on either.

I think the frame was slightly jarred in the accident. Put me off buying anything categorised or anything accident damaged for that matter. Most in my experience have been poorly repaired or have something lurking, better waiting for the right car.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
@Eamo_vxr this car in question was worth about Ā£2k and was planning for it to be my daily derv for the next few years at least - the CAT didnt bother me as it was good value for money and I'd have driven it on but unfortunately the more I dug into the cars history and its current owner, i just didnt get the right vibe.