Cayenne Advice…the Porsche, not the restaurant!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
Test drove the diesel v8 cayenne and a 911 carrera 4 over a month ago, been waiting on the sales guy to get back to me for an overnight test on each as i had planned on taking one but i aint heard from him in a long time which says to me he cant be assed with getting a sale. On the v8 it was a smooth driving jeep, had decent poke to it and very comfy to sit in, my issue with them is they dont age well and look horrid after a few years. Servicing costs from dealer were around 650-850.

Ive decided to no longer pursue the cayenne and instead im going to go for a rangey SVR in the coming weeks.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Ive decided to no longer pursue the cayenne and instead im going to go for a rangey SVR in the coming weeks.

What a weapon they are! There's a black one in Portrush and it's such an awesome jeep, and I'm not even a big fan of the RRS!

What colour are you going for?

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
The SVR is one of the best sounding cars I've ever heard! I've a great video of one here, not sure CH would enjoy it though....

RickyB

RMS Regular
Drives
E3VO X
Can't go wrong with a 3.0 V6 TDi Cayenne!! I've had 3 or 4 now and currently driving one myself. The comfort and quality is much better than a Touareg which feels a bit plastic inside...Servicing is every 2 years and no reel common faults to report on them. Only ever had bother with a 4 month old one which turned out to be a faulty air flow meter. Buy a 2011 onwards and not the changeover 2010 model (y)

veron

RMS Regular
OP
veron
Drives
335d
Can't go wrong with a 3.0 V6 TDi Cayenne!! I've had 3 or 4 now and currently driving one myself. The comfort and quality is much better than a Touareg which feels a bit plastic inside...Servicing is every 2 years and no reel common faults to report on them. Only ever had bother with a 4 month old one which turned out to be a faulty air flow meter. Buy a 2011 onwards and not the changeover 2010 model (y)

Cheers buddy. Yeah, seen a few I like. Thats a lovely white one down there in Ards but probably a bit above my budget, Was never fussed on a Touareg either to be honest.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
We have a 2013 V6 D Cayenne, fantastic car, new age gearbox, comfort and technology is far greater than the previous model.

We have it from 4K miles 8months old and it hasn't given any trouble at all. Just under 35k on it now. Pretty sore on tyres but to be expected.

veron

RMS Regular
OP
veron
Drives
335d
Does anyone know how to tell which cars have the newer gearbox?

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
What a weapon they are! There's a black one in Portrush and it's such an awesome jeep, and I'm not even a big fan of the RRS!

What colour are you going for?

I seen a black one today with black wheels on the lisburn road and it looked the part - very menacing too. I hope to have it within the coming weeks so you guys will find out soon :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.