Charge for detailing? You MUST pay to post

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Maxwell

Banned
Gaz or cooper i was getting at it, was only stating a point like. Tbh i personally would be willing to pay £10 a year (same as saxp, 106owners, rtoc etc) because it wouldnt have so many tards/jonathans etc on the site selling a screwed dturbai or a fuuking duubed muder fuuker meeeeate!!!

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Of the thousands of registered users, only a small percentage of those would be active on a day to day basis and only a small percentage of those would be willing to pay (or so I would imagine). I personally wouldn't mind paying as I have gotten quite a lot out of this place but paying a subscription fee to access the forum would kill the experience, in order for it to work properly it would need to be an exclusive members lounge where anything goes!

EDIT - I mean keep the forum as it is but have a voluntary donation for those who want to access the exclusive part!

pablo

RMS Moderator
Um you always mention Rms running costs!

my memory must be going as I dont recall mentioning them at all unless in response to someone else (and even then I cant recall the last time).

maybe you could refresh my memory with some quotes?

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Costs us 50p a month this site, the rest goes on "Track Car of the Week" for Castle Pabs and climbing frames for Pabs Jnr

I know, Ive posted some off topic guff in here, but without a little humour this could boil over into a load of old balls.

pablo

RMS Moderator
think it boiled over in the first half page lol. amazing how many people are getting worked up when it will only affect a handful of people.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Detailing commands huge money in my eyes, too much ... thats all ive to bring to this thread ... charging people to promote their work is buttons compared to what is paid for their work ...

200-500 pounds in some cases.

Harry did an excellent job on my 200 and i couldnt fault it ... He left it perfect and didnt charge even a 1/4 off what some people pay :confounded:

Bass c

Banned
Detailing commands huge money in my eyes, too much ... thats all ive to bring to this thread ... charging people to promote their work is buttons compared to what is paid for their work ...

200-500 pounds in some cases.

Harry did an excellent job on my 200 and i couldnt fault it ... He left it perfect and didnt charge even a 1/4 off what some people pay :confounded:

Don't even open that can of worms :party:

Just like you can pay £100 or less and get a valeter to do the same quality as job. :broken_heart::-#

Jonny

RMS Regular
Gaz or cooper i was getting at it, was only stating a point like. Tbh i personally would be willing to pay £10 a year (same as saxp, 106owners, rtoc etc) because it wouldnt have so many tards/jonathans etc on the site selling a screwed dturbai or a fuuking duubed muder fuuker meeeeate!!!

you trying to make a dig there fella....

pablo

RMS Moderator
no way does a valeter do as good a job, was reading ronnieGs porker thread and there was much much more work in that car than any valeter would do.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
LOL im not speaking of anyone in particular by the way just going by some qoute friends and family have been qouted ... some businesses that arent on RMS. Definately a better job than a valeter just very very dear in some cases.

I will say one thing on the car care bit I do always enjoy reading up on Ruths work ... not being a c*nt to anyone else its just always given me some good tips ... making some of them gurus in that section could be an idea.

Bass c

Banned
no way does a valeter do as good a job, was reading ronnieGs porker thread and there was much much more work in that car than any valeter would do.

They are the same thing. Depends on the valeter really, just like it depends on the "detailer". Some are good, some are just alright and some are ****e (y)

So you can't really say valeters don't do as good a job.

dc5Civic

RMS Regular
Drives
ST
Personally i think everyone has read into this thread a bit tooooooo much!
Lots of people complaining about stuff on here that has nothing to do with them...but yet most of the site sponsors/traders that do pay a fee for advertising on the site have yet to complain about the ones that dont!

I dont post on here too oftenm about stuff that hasnt got anything to do with me, but i think sum people are just butting in for no good reason..as cooper and the othr mods have already made their point time after time!

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
Ha!
Now if I PM you asking for advice on BS 7671, do you have to delcare it?
Also, any PDF copies of BS7671 yet BA?

Detailing does seem to be the in thing with every fella and their budgie cleaning cars etc.

Yes AFAIK its an income so I would have to declare it but contact me off here and we can discuss maximum disconnection times and high integrity earthing FOC. Naw I dont they have been released on electronic yet

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
but yet most of the site sponsors/traders that do pay a fee for advertising on the site have yet to complain about the ones that dont!

In fairness some of the sponsors have reported posts to us previously using the Report button.

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Ok well for some of the best sheep in the country.

Come see me on the farm, special rates for anyone on RMS, :grinning: I'll do you a good deal.

Bloody hell guys, can of worms or what.

This advertising malarky is going mad. I can see both sides of the arguement. but hard to judge as the guys have mentioned wher the line is.

Ok who are the cheap detailers?

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
seems to becoming a divide between who's members and who's a business these days :worried:

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth

To be fair Baz did my RS 2000 and Bobs (obviously before he owned it) Sapphire in one sitting. No buggering around and the finish was perfect. Granted we helped out by doing the easy bits like waxing etc, but that was reflected in the cost:grinning:

If he wasn't such a disabled homo:party: at the moment i know a lot of people who'd want cars done by him!

Nigel has offered to do the same thing if i want it on my Sapphire, which is very kind of him :grinning:

I'm lazy though and i can't be arsed helping, so my car will prob end up with Ruth if i ever get the finger out lol

None of my decisions have been directly influenced by the care care section though.

I've know Baz and Nigel for years and i've seen all of Sean Greys cars that Ruth has done :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's cooper's site, he puts his time into it and hence can do whatever the hell he likes with it. He doesn't even charge anyone to join therefore you have no ownership of it.
If you don't like his rules bugger off to another site no one makes you use this one.

Hear hear (y)

Stop moaning. Not like the section is getting closed, just a reminder about the site rules.

Think a site like this can be run with no effort and just a cheap hosting account? Go ahead, try setting up and running your own.

I know I do not work for free. Why should Cooper?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.