cheats to pass the MOT test that worked

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
DC5's come with Xenons as standard but no headlight washers.

Not really a cheap but needs must to get it through MOT. Tee'd off from windscreen washer and ran the pipes up the bonnet.

Capped the pipe off with a screw and split the under side so it slightly sprayed.

dannydnn

RMS Regular
My mate got me to run his mg through but forgot to mention he cut the front springs and welded them top and bottom luckily I knew the tester and he knew the car we both had a laugh and the car got a years test

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
My mate got me to run his mg through but forgot to mention he cut the front springs and welded them top and bottom luckily I knew the tester and he knew the car we both had a laugh and the car got a years test

Shouldn't be an MOT tester if he's letting sh¡te like that pass.

There's some amount of spastics running round Downpatrick with no suspension now, but I've thankfully seen a few posts on Facebook and the likes from people complaining that they've had their cars seized and lifted for that very reason.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I know someone who bonded in the head of a wheel bolt because the hub was stripped.
Superglued a wheel stud head in my 330D 6 weeks passed an went through Cookstown, never mentioned 1 number plate bulb out tho

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
My old Ibiza had a hole on the thin metal at the flange where the pipe joined the cat, it was to thin to weld and a cat was something like £600 to replace it so I got out the gun gum to fix it. Got the car nice and hot on the way to the MOT centre then just drove forward using the clutch so he wouldn't hear it blowing out as I drove forward.

Passed :grinning:

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
My evo sat up over winter 2 years back, car done maybe 1000 mile from last mot, seen a date that day at 3pm in armagh
Booked it an washed it, changed wheels an pulled off front tints but left windscreen tint

Went in, made tay, turned 1pm, checked all lights, horn, wipers and windscreen washers, windscreen washer motor was seized or broken

So will an hour and a bit to sort that an get to mot was a rush, pulled a motor from a gold we broke, put the pipes on an ran a wire to a push button taped on the dash

Went to mot and passed, the bollocks never checked the wipers lol

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
DC5's come with Xenons as standard but no headlight washers.

Not really a cheap but needs must to get it through MOT. Tee'd off from windscreen washer and ran the pipes up the bonnet.

Capped the pipe off with a screw and split the under side so it slightly sprayed.
Dc5' dont need washer jets as they have sports suspension.
Strange rule but true

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
Not sure if its a bodge, but theres a lose wire in the girlfriends seat belt tensioner so I sat in the queue for the test last year with vagcom connected and cleared the fault as I was called forward.

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
x2, never heard of not needing headlight washers because of sports suspension.
There was a whole major row one day in omagh centre. Fella in dc5 had more paperwork of rules n laws with him. And he got away with it. I may be mistaking but was almost certain it was the washers

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I bought a MG ZS once that had a wheel stud bonded on with chemical metal ^o)

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Some crazy stories here. I thought I was the king of conning the MOT man by having a dummy cat and turning the EML out whilst in the queue, mild compared to some.

PhilM

RMS Regular
Just have the fuel dripping out of her at idle

Fail before you get in the door and they take less notice through the rest of the test.. potentially

I'm never going to pass first time anyways

Phil

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
@PhilM not always, last time I took an obvious fail though (car arrived with steam coming out of the bonnet) they went to the extra effort of finding the smallest details to fail me on.

dannydnn

RMS Regular
Shouldn't be an MOT tester if he's letting sh¡te like that pass.

There's some amount of spastics running round Downpatrick with no suspension now, but I've thankfully seen a few posts on Facebook and the likes from people complaining that they've had their cars seized and lifted for that very reason.

You're very right with the standard of cars about atm and this incident was a few years ago his standard of cars has greatly improved

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
You know you've put the scud on me with this thread. Daily hack is up for mot tonight with a couple of botch jobs done on a half rotten exhaust.

Markhall

RMS Regular
OP
Markhall
Drives
Ax gt, defender
Na this is proof that bodgery can work. Its only Increasing your chances lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.