Chris Evans confirmed as Top Gear presenter

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
35i4nsz.gif

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
They can have the best presenters in the world but if they have no chemistry with each other then it is doomed

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Evans, Coogan and Atkinson?

They won't have Wilman, who was the visionary of the current format, although as already said it was perhaps becoming a bit tired in its current state. It may never recover or it could flourish but be damn sure we will all have something to say about it after episode 1 with Evans airs!

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Evans, Coogan and Atkinson?

They won't have Wilman, who was the visionary of the current format, although as already said it was perhaps becoming a bit tired in its current state. It may never recover or it could flourish but be damn sure we will all have something to say about it after episode 1 with Evans airs!
Too many big names there, egos would clash I think. There will defo be a female this time.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Jeremy Clarkson has revealed the BBC offered to reinstate him in his former Top Gear role, just days before Chris Evans was offered the job.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...poration-executive-compared-Jimmy-Savile.html

Clarkson told The Sun: ‘It was never an option. Even with the one million people signing the Bring Back Clarkson petition, for which I was extremely humbled.

‘Too much has gone on. After I had been compared to Jimmy Savile by someone from the BBC and it was splashed all over a Sunday newspaper, how could I go back?

‘The spotlight would have been on me and the show would have ended up being neutered. It would have been difficult to do anything without interference.

‘It would have been impossible to make the show I’d want to make. I think they knew this so that’s why they gave the job to Chris so soon after I met them.’

Clarkson also revealed plans to launch a new car programme to rival Top Gear, which Evans will now host and produce as part of a rumoured £5million contract.

So a complete U-Turn by the BBC, which can only mean they realised they f'd up when they let their most lucrative presenter slip between their fingers.

Last edited:

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
But at the same time he assaulted a collegue and handed himself in. There wasnt any other option than to let him go.

The media handling of it was horrific though!

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Id rather they went with a couple of unknowns, evans i can tolerate, bacon (richard, not the food)is unacceptable

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Richard Bacon? Really?

Gaby Roslin, Denise Van Outen, Kelly Brook and the ghost of Paula Yates will probably all start thinking they're in with a chance now for female presenter.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.