Co-pilot - satnav for iPhone

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
was reading yesterday about a new app for the iPhone 3G. Co-pilot its called. fully functioning 3D satnav.

copilot-iphone-g1.jpg

copilot-live-iphone-aa1.jpg

£27.99 ish.

Anyone tried it?

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
CoPilot is supposed to be pretty good. Seems to be being rated better than Navigon/Sygic, and alot cheaper.

I'm holding my ground until TomTom appears over the coming weeks before plumping for one :grinning:

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
It updates as regularly as a proper sat nav, I've only used it a few times and its been absolutely spot on. Not sure how useful they are when you have a poor signal tho.

Deemc

RMS Regular
Drives
Hydro Is200
John Mc Glaughlin should get this a ditch that Curry man!!

Ill prob download this app looks good!

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Dont have it on the iPhone but got it on a PDA and the software is as good as any other sat nav

polotdi

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Tiguan
Fire up some opinions when you start using it. I was going to buy a sat nav but why if this is available?

Does it only work when there's internet connection available?

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Fire up some opinions when you start using it. I was going to buy a sat nav but why if this is available?

Does it only work when there's internet connection available?

it should have all the maps downloaded already so no need to rely on a net connection at all.

Al-mera

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan Pulsar Au
Well what did you think off it?

It seems pretty good to me although i have noticed that when searching for my house it has it as in a different town but takes me to my door lol. Its good for tel numbers of places too.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
forgot to try it on the way in this morning. Ill be home at lunch tho so will try it then. Seems very slow from using it in the office tho, I suspect the 3Gs is much better having the better processor etc

Al-mera

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan Pulsar Au
I thought it was very slow in the house picking up where i was but in the car it picked it up quick. Although one thing i noticed was that on 1 road it told me to turn left into a field but on the map it should a right turn which was the correct way lol.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.