Co-pilot - satnav for iPhone

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

james rydell

Drives
Metro Turbo
I use copilot and have been for over a year now.version 7 in fact.

I've been all over england,from south east to north west,up to scotland to stranraer picking up cars and bringing them home.

Also been all over down south with it as far as co. tipperary and all over the north and its been perfect every time.

It updates every time you turn it on,even if you use it more than once each day.which is annoying sometimes.

The only critiscsm i would have is that it only works well in northenr ireland by using postcodes.one the mainland it can pick up towns easily but over here you have to use postcodes to get a perfect rout.

I actually have a spare serial number for a subscription to it.but i'll probably keep it in case my upgrade phone in a few months doesn't have one

smyth

RMS Regular
Drives
172 cup
Im dying for someone to up a working copy of co-pilot to installous :worried:

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
I thought it was very slow in the house picking up where i was but in the car it picked it up quick. Although one thing i noticed was that on 1 road it told me to turn left into a field but on the map it should a right turn which was the correct way lol.

that has nothing to do with the iphone or the app.
how do you expect to get a good GPS reception standing indoors?!

Al-mera

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan Pulsar Au
I know thats what i was saying, i thought thats what pablo was saying about it being slow in work i thought he was indoors.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Used Navigon again yesterday and was very impressed, took me to the exact house number I was looking for aswell which Google Maps and my TomTom sat nav are pretty crap at.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
used co-pilot a couple of times now. Seems to work very well so far. And if I have it connected to my HU it plays the directions through the stereo.

Al-mera

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan Pulsar Au
Says on the site that it can run for about 2 hours fully charged. but you canturn the screen off and just have the voice to save power.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
TomTom released today I see.

£59.99 for UK and Ireland
£79.99 for Western Europe.

Will be interesting to see the reviews, but Co-Pilot looks a steal at the price still.

Ant

RMS Regular
TomTom released today I see.

£59.99 for UK and Ireland
£79.99 for Western Europe.

Will be interesting to see the reviews, but Co-Pilot looks a steal at the price still.

**** me thats steep for software

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
to be fair tho software is the key, the hardware (a gps receiver and a screen) probably costs feck all to make in volume. Consider the effort required to write the software tho.

Ant

RMS Regular
to be fair tho software is the key, the hardware (a gps receiver and a screen) probably costs feck all to make in volume. Consider the effort required to write the software tho.

I'm a programmer myself :laughing: and even i think thats steep considering the price of a unit with the same sort of software.

+ what it'll cost for future map updates and the like no doubt.

i'll maybe get one of the other apps (picked up an iphone on saturday)

Ant

RMS Regular
Guess depends how well the other apps work for nireland, that seems to be the sticking point for a lot of those satnav's

Parents have a Navman and it's pretty woeful for over here, whereas tomtom and garman seem to work the best.

going grab navicon or co-pilot now to have a look

leonardodecappiccuno

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Beetle 18Turb
Yea guys, just bought copilot for my iphone 3G, seems to work OK, and some new upgrades due very soon.

Regards Lenny

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Been using mine a good bit for a trip up through England. Found it ok, but just ok. Missed a couple of turns and was late with some directions unless you're watching the route you could get caught out.

For £27 and no extra hardware it does the job.

Stuarty1984

RMS Regular
What would happen if you use the nav software in europe or the states, are there data charges, or does gps use not count?

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
GPS doesnt count but you would need the maps for the country loaded onto your iphone. The cheaper copilot only has UK maps.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.